5.0 out of 5 stars Full of things you can actually see yourself doing
Published on 21 Feb 2012 by Mum of Two

1.0 out of 5 stars Rather disapointing
Sent for two copies of this book and was rather disappointed as the projects were rather simplistic.
The books were for my young (5-7) grandchildren, but I thought they were too simple even for them.
Published on 10 Mar 2012 by cariad

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of things you can actually see yourself doing, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
I find that craft books for kids can be a bit of a letdown, there are often the same activities in all of them, and generally there are a handful of achievable ones followed by a raft of tricky or grown-up ideas with expensive kit that you would never actually get round to. Gardening books for kids can be even worse. This book is a refreshing change. I can see my kids doing every single idea in this book, and they have picked out the ones to start with already. I like that there are some indoor activities for rainy days and people with no real garden, and I agree with a previous review that lots of them are suitable for school gardening clubs, because they are quite short to do, and easy to supervise several children doing them at once. A good buy as we will definitely get our money's worth out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for keen gardeners with children, 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
Fantastic ideas for things to do on sunny days and not so sunny days, some fun and beautiful creations. My children cant wait to get started and neither can I. Also a brilliant resource for anyone running a gardening club for small children or looking for activities for a preschool or infant school. Makes a great gift too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with fab ideas, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
I recieved this book as a birthday pressent, it's fab! Lot's of lovely and not too complicated i.e realistic, crafts to do with the kids. Mine are 4 and 5 year old boys, they are particulary looking forward to creating a dino garden. It's full of ideas that can be done any time if year and includes indoor crafts as well, for the all too common rainy day. Fab book, highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed full of great ideas!!, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
Packed full of great ideas. We have only had the book for a few hours, but all 3 of my children have selected a garden project to do from the book. Great timing as we are on a school half term. I have to admit I have chosen 2 ideas to try myself (with the help of my children of course!), the garden Jam Jar Garden Lights and the Alpine Wreath. They look fab and fun to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
This book is filled with loads of gardening ideas to do with kids in all seasons of the year. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wanted to spend more time in the garden with their children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-lovely, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
A really gorgeous book. Full of lovely, simple, inspiring ideas for spending time with your kids both in the garden and in the home. Big thumbs up from us!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple projects for children to follow, 3 April 2012
Michaela (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
Many of the activities in this book appear in similar guises in other books. However, the large colourful pictures and informal writing style make this book inviting and engaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious book, 19 Mar 2012
Christopher J. Wright "Chris Wright" (Pembrokeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
Our kids are 4 and 3 and they have already sussed out that the best bit about weeding is playing with the worms - "come here my little darlings" is my favourite quote from the youngest. They love cutting the lawn, but Daddy's a bit too pleased with his stripes to let them loose. This book looks like being the best introduction to gardening for fun. It's engagingly written, beautifully constructed and the design throughout just works. Most of the projects look manageable and will be part of the Daddy daycare on Mondays this summer. In short, it's a little gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gift idea - very highly recommended!, 9 Feb 2012
B. ROWLATT "Bee" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
Some craft books can make your heart sink - you have to be an alpha-mum goddess with a PhD in engineering to keep up.
Not this one - it's utterly charming, easy-going, well set out and full of things that I will actually really do with my kids (well, as soon as the snow melts..)
The Lawn Names idea in particular is brilliant.
I've just stockpiled a few copies for future kids' birthday gifts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden Crafts for Children, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Garden Crafts for Children (Hardcover)
A beautifully presented book, wonderfully illustrated, colourful and easy to follow. An excellent tool for every parent. Lots of lovely projects for children for high days and holidays. Especially loving the fairy rings and will looking forward to planting my own. And the tyrannosaurus garden is a particular hit for my twin boys, who are real gardening fans already.

Garden Crafts for Children
Garden Crafts for Children by Dawn Isaac (Hardcover - 9 Feb 2012)