5.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to street photography.
Published 17 months ago by Nicholas H. Lancaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Photogrqphy book
Smaller than expected. So images look a bit cramped. I has read the other reviews prior to buying it so I knew not to expect too much.
Published 9 months ago by joanne halliday

5.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to street photography., 18 July 2013
Nicholas H. Lancaster (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
Fiscalstudent's review here tells you just what this book is about. Of course, for 'experienced' photographers some of the advice might seem to be verging on the obvious, but that doesn't detract from the good things about this little book. It is easy to digest the info inside and the final section that introduces the work of several current street shooters is very interesting - don't be put off by comments that the pics in this section are too small, Ms Nagar has included each photographer's web address so you can easily check out their work in detail on your iPad etc. - it is 2013 after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well written and informative book on the art of street photography, 23 Oct 2012
R. Mcneill "rbmcneill" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
Well-written, interesting and informative book on the art of street photography. Tanya Nagar is herself a very capable street photographer, and covers the subject in great depth. The book is printed on good quality paper, with each page featuring a selection of photographs (both colour and black and white) to illustrate the text. The New Street Photography Manifesto may only be 175 pages in length, but the author manages to cover every aspect of this genre of photography.

The final chapter interviews eleven street photographers on their approach to taking street pictures.

Illustrations are accompanied with captions on which camera, lens, etc., was used throughout the book.

As a someone who has recently begun to devote more time to street photography, I found The New Street Photography Manifesto very helpful.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little book., 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
I work as a photography tutor and bought this as research material when working on a new workshop. Having spent 2 years as a street photographer, I felt like I needed some help to bind a lot of the things I had learned into something coherent and structured that would be to everyone's understanding.

If you're an amateur this is the perfect book for you to get you started with street photography. It's very focused and articulate. She doesn't waste time with unessential details and doesn't throw too much information at you to make you confused. She does bring up a lot of issues you may encounter that I've not seen discussed in other books of this sort. It's fairly jargon free, which can be very helpful to beginners.

If you happen to have a lot of experience in street photography, I would still recommend reading this as it's a well written material that brings up new ideas/ways of going about things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative Book for the Beginner, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
After photographing the usual stuff for the past 45 years, I happened across Street Photography. It brought together two of my passions, people watching and photography, in a really exciting way. I want to do it right, as well as enjoy it, so I have read just about everything I can get my hands on. One thing I have noticed, is that there are a very large proportion of street photographers who are anal about what 'street' is. Let me put in my two penny's worth - it doesn't have to be in black and white, on film, or shot with a Leica. It's what you want it to be, what brings you pleasure and excitement and fun. Which leads me on to this book. It's for beginners, or those who are not very experienced. It is for me, a synopsis of all the learning I have recently done, and I've done loads. It is easy to read, is clear and concise and covers everything you need to get started. I would highly recommend it. And when you've done what it teaches, read some more from the clenched bottom brigade and I've no doubt you will learn something more. Unfortunately it was bought for me at full price, and I wish they'd gone to Amazon. But it was still worth every penny and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Energiser, 23 Dec 2013
Colin Edwards (Margate UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
If you are a photographer you will know that jaded feeling ... when inspiration seems lacking, when it is cosy indoors and blowing a hooley outside and you just cannot be bothered to do anything unless it involves coffee on the hour, every hour, and it lasts an hour.

This book lasted me two hours - I read fast - and reignited my enthusiasm and imagination whilst reminding me of stuff about why I got into photography in the first place way back in 1947 [Yes! Really!]

I enjoyed it and think you will too - especially when compared with another book on the genre that I stupidly ordered on the same day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 23 Feb 2013
Bawden - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
Firstly the size was a bit of a shock as it's smaller than expected, but this is also the type of book it is , small and informative, something that you take with you and is not going to get left on the coffee table. Some points I don't agree with but then, that's photography, But buy it! for such a price, it's also a bargain buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reet ruddy good!, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
I ordered this book half by accident, searching for Kodak Portra and this came up the results. I ordered a copy anyway.
Turns out that it is a bloomin' marvellous mistake, what a jolly good little book. 'Tis full of useful wee hints, lovely pictures and whatnot.
Quite inspirational. I highly reccommend it.

Can you dig it? Yes, you probably can.

Toodle-pip!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
brought this as a joke for my son but as with the other reviews he found some of the tips and ideas to be of benefit. delivery was good. woukd recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a perfect introduction for a new photographer, 16 April 2013
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
Having fallen in love with photography through instagram I recently got my first camera that wasnt just for birthday snaps.
It is a standard Samsung digital camera point and shoot. I was keen to find a book which would allow me to take my photography to the next level. I spent an hour in the photography section of bookshop looking for a book that didn't get lost in very technical detail before I came across Tanyas book. Many other books remind me of textbooks in school whereas this is a lot more interesting process as Tanya teaches you through studying her own photos.

What I love about this book is the Tanyas motto "any camera, anywhere". OK so I don't have the best equipment, however my new camera is a lot better than my iphone which I have been using to date. I was looking for clear, simple advice how to make the most of it and this book was perfect.

If are new to photography/street photography buy this book, it is an excellent first step

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 30 Jun 2014
Ray smith (kirkby, merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Street Photographer's Manifesto (Paperback)
great book for the price.

The New Street Photographer's Manifesto
The New Street Photographer's Manifesto by Tanya Nagar (Paperback - 8 Oct 2012)