5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant asn bang up to date
Superb book and goes to places I would not have thought of. I use Lightroom and I am a pro photographer. A very clear well layed out book. Has a built in workflow and great examples. Well deserved 5*. Michael Freeman's book are always good but this one I think is exceptional.
Published 18 months ago by David PM Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Depth
Published 10 months ago by Explosif

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant asn bang up to date, 5 Jan 2013
David PM Young (East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Michael Freeman's Photo School: Digital Editing (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Depth, 21 Sep 2013
I am a big fan of Michael Freeman and own several of his books including Perfect Exposure; his Photo School on Portraits and the stunning 'The Photographers Eye.' There is nothing inherently wrong with this book from his Photo School series but I believe, in attempting to cover all of the mainstream digital editing programs available and, quite rightly, asserting that the tools in each are very similar, he then proceeds to describe the tools available and what they are capable of without going into too much detail as to how one might use them. There are some parts where he has explained how to use the tool. The various aspects to the Healing Brush (I use Photoshop) come to mind, where Mr. Freeman describes perfectly adequately spot removal from your images (a must for owners of Nikon's D600 such as myself) but, in the main, the book lacks depth. Having given an example of one of the books good points I feel compelled to mention the section on layers. This is woefully inadequate and contains, mainly, before and after examples of photographs with barely a hint of how to get from A to B. It covers two pages, mainly taken up with the afore mentioned pictures, as does the following section on adjustment layers. Anyone hoping to further their knowledge in one of the most powerful aspects of Photoshop will, I suspect, be sorely disappointed with this 'wave of the hand' approach to this particular subject. Michael Freeman's photography books are amongst the best available and I do find it regrettable that this book, for me, did not live up to his very high standards.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks pretty on the, 26 Nov 2013
Yes it tells you what you need to know. The trick though is to put it into practice. Looks pretty on the bookshelf

Michael Freeman's Photo School: Digital Editing
Michael Freeman's Photo School: Digital Editing by Steve Luck (Paperback - 11 Jun 2012)
17.99