5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 24 Sep 2008
Susan Simpson (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a fine book, well worth the price. It is accurate and covers most aspects of the game with every team which has ever played League football having an entry. There are also comprehensive lists of Scottish Cup finals and International matches. One of the main attractions of the book however is the photography with some lovely images, and a page or two with covers of programmes. Anyone looking for a Christmas present for their football loving family should look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memory Jogger, 3 Mar 2010
Richard Emslie (Hilton, South Africa) - See all my reviews
Have really enjoyed dipping in and out of of this book which brought back many good memories. It is well written and illustrated with many photographs. There text also includes a number of tables with interesting stats. I would recommend this to any Scottish football fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh whistle, and I'll come to ye, my lad., 26 Sep 2008
David and Phil's book has opened a window on Scottish football for me that has been closed for too long. I can now easily find out where all the Scottish teams play, how the've fared, in recent times and much further back, and find any amount of detail on Scottish players, past and present. There are also what I think are unusual items such as heights, weights and families. My roots are in Ireland, my home is in England, but my heart is in Scotland, and I can thoroughly recommend this well-written book; it's a joy to browse.

4.0 out of 5 stars As a Gift, 22 Jan 2013
S. D. Graham (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Encyclopaedia of Scottish Football (Hardcover)
I bought this as a Christmas gift for a friend and was impressed by it so I bought another for another friend. Both liked the book, especially for its detail on the Early Years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading for Sports Quiz Fans, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Encyclopaedia of Scottish Football (Hardcover)
This book is comprehensive, detailed and packed with amazing interesting facts which makes it a must for anyone taking part in the pub football quiz.

But it is not just a reference book. You will find when you are looking for one thing you quickly become absorbed with another and go off at a tangent to learn something completely new.

The thorough coverage of Junior football is unusual in such a book and the illustrations and photographs tell so many stories themselves.

As a football fan for fifty years or more, I recall some of the games and events of more recent times but there are always more details to savour.

The history of the game is also fully covered and there is so much history to Scottish football.

This book is a "must" for any true football fan.

The Encyclopaedia of Scottish Football
The Encyclopaedia of Scottish Football by David W. Potter (Hardcover - 28 Nov 2011)
23.99