5.0 out of 5 stars Derbies
Excellent read covering the most passionate of games.
Covers my derby too.
Read on the way to your next Derby fixture to get you in the mood.
Published 10 months ago by Duncan Thomson

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Tales. Of our wonderful game of football.
I thought.I knew quite a a lot.About the game the beautiful game of football, but I learn some thing new every time. Some fascinating facts. In the book.
Published 13 months ago by Darren MacFadyen

5.0 out of 5 stars Derbies, 20 Sep 2013
Excellent read covering the most passionate of games.
Covers my derby too.
Read on the way to your next Derby fixture to get you in the mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars a five star read, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Rivals Game: Inside the British Football Derby (Paperback)
this book is excellent. my main interest in it being a city fan was the manchester section, the author describes it very well from a city fan's point of view regarding all things we and other clubs fans see has the other lot wanting world domination!. all the other teams are equally well researched. the history regarding each rival club was fascinating. all in all a brilliant & informative book. one slight niggle, there is a few spelling mistakes, but that doesnt take away from it being a great read. the author has thoughts of doing another book for more rival teams. go do it douglas!

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Tales. Of our wonderful game of football., 26 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rivals, 25 Mar 2013
Douglas Beattie has a good crack in giving the reasons why we tie our allegiance to one football club or another. These are some the rivalries between the big city clubs. Great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Know your enemy, 13 Feb 2013
A good, enjoyable read that looks deeper than just the football and into the local histories and regional characters. As a member of one of the tribes covered, I also enjoyed the coverage of of all the others included here. Easy to read and follow, give it a go.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you support a team featured you will enjoy, 7 Oct 2012
Perhaps predictable offering: some excellent history about each city & how their teams developed. I think we all know about the Glasgow religion: seems to be bit wild in BHX at times
Think general trend though is much improved since the crazy 70's

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by its cover, 12 Sep 2012
Very well written & researched, enjoyed it very much.

Gave a very insightful & impartial view on great British soccer rivalries.
As expected, have my own ideals on football 'Derbies', but was given a great new & refreshing opinion on many untouched rivalries that I was unaccustomed to.

As time invariably passes, would love to know Mr. Beattie's current opinions on the beautiful game?

3.0 out of 5 stars Rivals game., 10 May 2012
I appreciate the different Derbies the author had to visit & study,do research on,he has worked very hard to get this book on the shelves,I admire him a lot,some of the input didn't excite me but there were some knowledgable facts surrounding some of the "lesser" derbies,maybe not lesser to the fans from those cities.
I enjoyed the chapter's on the Merseyside Derby & the Auld firm (Glasgow) derby,very informative & written with some slight humour,aswell as harsh reality,good to read on kindle.

The Rivals Game: Inside the British Football Derby
The Rivals Game: Inside the British Football Derby by Douglas Beattie (Paperback - 1 April 2011)
8.04