5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 21 Oct 2013
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Draw Your Own Fonts: 30 Alphabets to Scribble, Sketch and Make Your Own (Paperback)
I love this book. It is perfect for doodlers, scribblers, sketchers and more. It should wake up the creative streak in anyone and everyone. This book looks at Hand Lettering, Developing a Skill Set, Tracing and Letterforms. It then gives 30 complete alphabets for you to copy or adapt. It even provides the graph paper for you to do so. It shows key features of each alphabet and tips on how to mix and match. Each alphabet is designed by one of a dozen designers and a profile of each designer is given at the back of the book. Whilst I am not crazy about any of them, I like some better than others; this book is fun and should release your own inner typographer so that you can create your own unique fonts. There is also a guide to using your fonts online. It certainly made me want to have a go at creating my own fonts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 10 Sep 2013
Very good book for a designer who doesn't like to just stick to the computer for typefaces. I had lots of fun drawing the fonts. Definitely would recommend this book, also arrived in good timing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and Inspiring, 1 Feb 2014
I loved this book, this was a present for my friend and I loved it, I wish I bought it for myself now. Amazing ideas and designs so worth the price!

Draw Your Own Fonts: 30 Alphabets to Scribble, Sketch and Make Your Own