Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 October 2010
If you want a book that will explain every step you need to take in great detail then this isn't for you.
If you want a simple dose of inspiration and motivation (and have a short attention span) then this could be just what you need.
If you are a serial procrastinator like me and just need a regular shove in the right direction then you need this book to hand.
I love it. The simplicity of it is genius as are the illustrations.
If I could strap it to my forehead I would, but it will just have to settle for my pocket.
Da iawn / well done.
on 15 October 2010
I already read many of the books and tried most of the apps David recommends in the back of this book, so already have an interest in this area.

However, What makes this book a real breath of fresh air is it's format; reminiscent of the late-great Paul Arden, succinct, direct, and full of wisdom. I personally struggle to get things done, can get distracted, and am always looking for tips on getting things done, and find procrastination is always close at hand in this internet-centric era. This book has great tips and a strong message, whilst keeping it simple and brief.

Very accessible, and very good indeed.
on 21 July 2014
Simple and brilliant. When starting an important project three years ago my wife got this for me and put it next to my bed.

I read it every evening (takes about 5 mins). Each time I came up against a block or an issue there would be a cartoon and some words that would help me get a perspective.

Very clever and very inspiring!
on 24 December 2014
It is a really nice, tiny book (really small) that may motive you in actually doing things. Each page contains a nice, hand-drawn sketch and a tag line (see the cover of the book) which act as a set of generic guidelines for making you achieve something you have in mind. Keep in mind the tiny size (I was surprised to see how small it was) but at the same time it is really portable and easy to read e.g. during commuting.

I would personally prefer some more text and less or smaller sketches, but this is my personal opinion
on 3 January 2011
This a great little book. Its a guide to how to get things done written by one half of the the creators of the Howies clothing company and the architect of the Do Lectures.The book is a journey through the simple steps required to get stuff done.No rocket science just common sense and inspiration. Something i will go back to again and again. Brilliant.
on 5 January 2015
Great little book, giving the easiest step by step ways of getting things done.
'The Path of a Doer' by David Hieatt is set out in a clear and concise way which entertains with some great illustrations.
Not a book that will keep you occupied for hours but is a great little pocket guide which you can refer to at all times when completing your goals.
This is something that you should keep on your desk or close to where you work as a bit of a 'pick me up' when you need some inspiration. It would be great if everything was broken down as simply as this book.
on 17 November 2010
What a great little book. David's concise text and Andy's brilliantly simple illustration work so well together. It reminded me of the first time I read Paul Ardens It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be (and his other books), brilliant, simple and really common sense but then it can always be hard to see what's right under your nose!
I shall be making it available to everyone in my office as a reminder of what we should be 'Doing' and how to get things 'Done'.
Great stuff from the founder of howies and the inspirational Do Lectures.
on 16 October 2011
Brilliant little book. Full of fun cartoons shedding simple but powerful wisdom on becoming a do-er.
Buy it, you'll love it.