on 12 October 2013
The book has a really great intro piece written by Liz Jobey, that rally gets to the point of the book and the development of Tony Ray-Jones as a photographer. I would recommend this book for both the images showing how a photographer develops and the recollections of Joel Meyerowitz contained in the writing.
on 3 October 2013
Reminds me of early colour by Saul Leiter. Enough said really. It's quite a small book but one for any photo book collection.
on 4 November 2013
Really a good book. I am very happy with this publication. This book is essential to Tony Ray Jones. Thanks you very much!!
on 11 December 2014
Tony Ray-Jones' colour work is just as fascinating as his black and white photos
on 22 February 2014
I suppose that if you are a (really) hardcore fan of Tony Ray-Jones then this should be added to your collection.

If you are into street photography this book isn't just interesting enough (beside a few pictures). The other TRJ book by Russel Roberts is, in my opinion, a much better book with really many examples of good street photography.

I showed by the way American Colour to two photographers I know and after browsing it quickly the gave it back to me totally unimpressed.

Good luck!