5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous
Published on 26 Sept. 2012 by Tubbs

2.0 out of 5 stars Not inspiring
I didn't really like this book. Although it is filled with recipes, it didn't really inspire me. I think that's because this book covers all the basics and I have those recipes (scones, victoria sponge cake) already. If you already own a few baking books, I wouldn't bother with this one.
Published 12 months ago by Avdg

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
I've been on a bit of a cook book roll recently and have managed to find myself some incredible new ones, but this one has to be my favourite. I saw it on the shelf and had to pick it up-it's SUCH a beautiful book. Sybil's intro is really rather heart warming and touching, and she has clearly written this book with a lot of love and care, and attention to detail. Lots of old favourites and some completely new to me (try the Leek and Bacon Froise or the Cinnamon Parsnip Cupcakes), this has been a revelation. Additionally, Sybil goes right back to basics and discusses measurements, weights, temperatures, methods and terminology, really helping to ensure you aren't just following a recipe but really understanding, enabling every baker to amend and adjust the recipes to their own individual tastes and preferences-something I've never really got the hang of until now. Wonderful stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely baking, 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
Beautiful looking book, with really easy to follow delicious recipes. Would look lovely in any kitchen and would make a perfect gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book- LOVE IT, 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
Got this book a few weeks ago and I must say it is a beautiful book. The recipes are easy enough even for a novice baker like myself! It is a beautiful book to own and it takes pride of place on my cookery books book shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Cover, Wonderful Book., 27 Sept. 2012
J. White - See all my reviews
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
You just can't miss the magnificent cake on the front cover of this baking bible. But the insides are equally mouthwatering and delicious. Every type of baking is here and Sybil Kapoor's recipes are clear and precise. This is both a beautiful gift for the baker in your life or a great self purchase for anyone interested in the current national obsession with anything baking. Thoroughly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tempting cake recipes., 24 July 2014
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
I purchased this book after borrowing a copy from a friend and trying out a few of the cake and cheesecake recipes. All of them were great, apart from the scones but then they didn't exactly look light and fluffy in the photo so I wasn't surprised that they were a disaster - more like rock cakes. That said, it is a good book for cakes and desserts, but I am less inspired by the savouries so can't see me wanting to make any of those.

One of the things that I particularly like about the book is that the author gives a bit of background to the recipes, which makes it an interesting read. This approach reminds me of my favourite baking book 'Warm bread and honey cake'. Personally I prefer the recipes in the latter and have tried out many of them and they've always been a great success. 'Simply Baking' is a good book for someone wanting very traditional British recipes, especially if they are not experienced cooks as the author goes into much detail about ingredients and techniques. (Warm bread and honey cake is for the more adventurous baker, who likes to try recipes from around the world).

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Baking., 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
This is the second Nat. Trust cook book that I have bought and is easy to use and well set out. The recipes are clear and easy to follow. There are some more unusual recipes but the ingredients are not exotic and difficult to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
I worked for the NT in the kitchens and know a few of the recipe contributors and they really are great recipes and are really easy to follow, definitely worth a go at the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Recommended, 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
I bought a copy of this book at the new Cake & Bake Show and am so glad that i did. The images are beautifully shot and the recipes just jump off the page. i like that the book isn't set out as grouped recipes for sweet, savoury etc but has chapters for cooking with ingredients from your dairy, larder, your kitchen garden and even the orchard. It's bright and colourful with a wonderful selection of delicious recipes and will be a well-used book in my kitchen. it's definitely the perfect Christmas gift book for the baker in your family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pictures, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: National Trust Simply Baking (Hardcover)
Lovely book with lots of pictures. I love cooking books with pictures. It's a sturdy book that is an impressive cookbook to give as a gift too which I did. It was for my English student that doesn't bake at home but would love to. This book is easy and simple to use so I'm sure she will get on great with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy lemon cake, 8 Jan. 2014
Bought this on Kindle which is a bit frustrating to use so will probably buy the book. Recipes are clear and I can recommend the Lemon Victoria sponge cake.

National Trust Simply Baking
National Trust Simply Baking by Sybil Kapoor (Hardcover - 20 Sept. 2012)