5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great ideas for all Phases of the Harcombe diet
This is the new, improved version of the recipe book so even if you already have the old version it's definitely worth getting. Much easier to find your old favourites (it's now organised by Phase) and lots of interesting new recipes, it's the ideal companion to the diet book.
Published on 22 Sept. 2011 by Kate

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting ideas but not sure it works for me
I have been following Zoe Harcombes way of eating for a couple of months now. My main aim was to try and get rid of Candida which was causing me health issues.
It has succeeded in that respect and I've been really pleased.
Published on 1 Aug. 2012 by Jen

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diet ever, 11 Jun. 2011
I've in my 60's and been dieting for years but my weight just went back up weeks after coming off the diet. I have lost over 3 stone in the last year and a half following these recipes. This is not so much a diet as a new eating regime and has changed my life. I feel that I now have a new approach to food and eat a healthy balanced diet instead of binging on sweet foods. Don't feel that I am missing out and still have the odd bar of chocolate but not in excess. Its easy to follow and you dont need expensive ingredients - you will need to be prepared to do a bit of cooking though. I can honestly say that all through stage 1 and 2 I seldom felt hungry the way that other diet plans have made me feel. My grown-up family also follow the diet and we have all lost anything from 2 - 5 stone over the last year. We are all on stage 3 eating plan now and still lose the odd pound or two, but not puting on weight. Give this a go - you have nothing to lose but the weight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 24 May 2012
This review is from: The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book (Paperback)
I bought this book last year and it's without doubt the best recipe book I've ever had. Admittedly there are no pictures but this doesn't matter. The recipes are very easy to follow and there is a huge variety to choose from. Massive thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONLY DIET THAT I CAN COPE WITH!, 15 Mar. 2011
I have had weight problems most of my life - I'm now 65 years. As my father was a baker there was no getting away from bread. Have tried lots of diets but didn't get anywhere. A couple of months ago I heard about The Harcombe Diet and decided to give it a go, mainly because my blood pressure was way too high and the best way to get BP down is to lose weight. I lost 8 lbs on the 5-day Phase 1 and have lost another 8 lbs since then and it is still going down. Also, my BP is going down. I'm eating bacon and eggs, berries with double cream, etc. and feel really well - I seem to also be thinking very clearly and my energy levels are beginning to go up. Have also lost cravings for sugary foods and that awful feeling of never being satiated.

As I'm not great at coming up with meal ideas AND I do need vegetarian meals, this recipe book is an ideal companion to the original diet book. The menus are straightforward and easy to cook.

This is a low carbohydrate diet that vegetarians can follow and well worth a try.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting ideas but not sure it works for me, 1 Aug. 2012
Jen (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book (Paperback)
It has succeeded in that respect and I've been really pleased.
Unfortunately I was also hoping for some weight loss and I just didn't see it. I stuck rigidly to rules for a few weeks and saw no losses, then inevitably, real life got in the way (eg I wanted some alcohol or had to eat off rule due to being at friends house etc) and I would put on weight but then even after another couple of weeks of sticking to rules rigidly, I wouldn't lose that weight again so became too frustrated and have started looking for other options.
I still agree with the principles of cutting out sugar and processed foods and I know that has been beneficial so I will try and do this where possible but I need to be more relaxed about my food. I also didn't really feel healthy eating this way, I never felt the 'energy' other people talk about & was always tired.
This diet definitely works for some people and has some sound principles so its worth giving it a try to see if it suits you.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must if following the Harcombe!, 29 Oct. 2012
S. Herbertson - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book (Paperback)
This book - when used in conjunction with the The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight book - will absolutely transform how you think about meal planning, and with very little effort, the weight will fall off. Helpfully arranged by Phases, once you have got through phase 1, you will find yourself jumping around all through the book as the range of meals is staggering. We have developed some real go-tos in a short space of time: the chilli con carne is fabulous (you may wish to spice it up a little more, we did); the Moroccan chicken salad was unbelievably good - I defy anyone to eat it and feel like they are on a diet; cheese on cod - simple but utterly delicious! I could go on...and on!

We've been on the diet since August and have barely scratched the surface in terms of trying all the recipes (particularly the carb ones - we've tended to experiment more with the fat meals). The majority of recipes are pretty quick to make too - and nothing needs any high level culinary skills!

It's brilliant - accessible, simple recipes that help you stick to the Harcombe principles and have really tasty, satisfying meals throughout the week.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most successful and rewarding diet EVER, 8 Dec. 2009
L. Bailey "On the up" (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
At 43 I have seen many diets come and go, all of which remove excess weight but only temporarily. The Harcombe Diet isn't just a diet, it is a way of life. I did phase 1 for 7 days (lost 3 lbs in weight#, phase 2 for 10 days #including 5 days in New York & still lost 4 lbs# and I have been on phase 3 for 3 months #and lost a further 2 lbs#. My weight has levelled out at 8st 12 lbs and I'm extremely happy. My partner has commented on my sexy figure.

The rules are simple once you get the hang of them and so easy to follow. I no longer crave biscuits, cakes, sweets or even chewing gum. My daily treats are a small handful of cashew nuts and a piece of chocolate #Swiss, 70% cocoa and a big good sized chunk, delicous). I have two caffeine drinks a day at most; I drink mainly decaffeinated tea, coffee and herbal tea. Avoiding carbs with a fat meal gets easier, I am even able to resist my partner's fantastic roast potatoes when he cooks Sunday roast. Although I will then eat a small plateful of them for tea with left-over vegetables. They are all the more enjoyable and I don't put on weight or feel too full. I still enjoy our Saturday night curry delivery and I cook a little brown rice to go with it, really yummy.

I guarantee you will lose weight on this diet. And find it easy to follow and maintain.

Go for it. Give yourself and your body a break from all that awful food, excess weight and beating yourself up about it.

I also recommend the Nintendo Wii Fit to tone you up. It's a lot of fun and on these wet and winter days, a much nicer way to get fit. My friend lost over a stone - she uses it every day for 30 mins, I am a lot more toned for using it - 1 hour twice a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, 1 April 2013
This review is from: The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book (Paperback)
This is a fab book with some great recipes. Despite not having any pictures (which is normally a huge no-no for me) it has some amazing recipes that are really easy to make and taste really yummy.

We've been following this for approximately 5- 6 weeks now and my husband has lost 12lbs ! He used to complain if I dinner didn't have any potatoes or bread, now he doesn't really choose them if we go out for dinner ! He's happy eating the veg and fruit and also enjoys scrambled eggs for breakfast (instead of croissants or cheese scones).

All the recipes I've tried so far have been really yummy and quite a few could be used for dinner parties - particularly the salmon and Mediterranean vegetables dish.....seriously yummy-lish-ush.

Don't let the lack of pictures out you off, seriously yummy recipes that are healthily and easy to prepare - easy ingredients that can be found at any supermarket, lots of fresh herbs and good use of butter instead of oils.
Warning though - this book will make you enjoy home cooked food rather than any cheap take-away !!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 Nov. 2009
We thought the book was great although quite repetitive. In 10 days my wife lost 10 lbs and she is not particularly overweight, but needed to drop a dress-size. I am quite a big person and I also lost 10 lbs. We haven't been hungry at all which is the main criteria as far as we are concerned. We have tried not mixing protein and carbs previously but without the 5-day kick start which really works. I certainly rate the book.... but I do miss my glasses of wine at the moment as I live in a hot country!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all, 10 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book (Paperback)
If you have the "No more Mr Fat Guy" book, this an excellent recipe book to go with it.
I love the section which covers the cheats.
A must for those serious about a change in lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 5 April 2014
This review is from: The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book (Paperback)
I saw an article which mentioned the Harcombe diet and after further reading felt that the underlying principles seemed pretty sound, having a clinical background myself. I did phase one over 5 days, continued on to phase two and now alternate between phases two and three and have no problems maintaining my weight, and find it doesn't restrict my lifestyle at all.
I felt really well and lost weight consistently, I have lost 10kgs and am at my ideal weight of 55kgs.
With regard to the food intolerance aspect of the diet i now find that I can not tolerate cooked fish, seafood or white wine anymore, it makes me really unwell and physically sick.....i also avoid bread and wheat pasta as I develop milder symptoms.... I was never aware of this before.....
The diet works, both from a weight loss perspective and intolerance perspective, with a little effort from ones self..... Great results and fast .......the recipe book has some fantastic recipes too

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book
The Harcombe Diet: The Recipe Book by Zoe Harcombe (Paperback - 2 Mar. 2011)