Format: Paperback|Change

Back with a new anthology this is made up of poems from the British based poetry magazines. There was one poem that the editors wanted to include but due to its length they had to decide to omit, which Roddy Lumsden mentions in his Foreword to this collection.

I knew this had come out and was lucky enough to see it in my local bookshop earlier this week. I must thank them for introducing me to these anthologies and giving me the chance to meet Roddy and some of the poets that are published. I have therefore already known some of the poems that were going to be in this anthology, whilst also meeting some of the poets from the last anthology. It is good to see so many different styles and subject matter in one book and this is a real cornucopia to delve into. With so many people now taking up poetry and loads of good poets amongst them it is difficult to make a selection, but hopefully this will have something for everyone and will give many people a pleasurable read.

If you haven't read any poetry for a long while and want a feel for the present scene, then this book will give you that and show what poets are concerned with these days. Always a vibrant community this is a book that is well worth getting.
on 15 January 2014
This annual collection of British poetry is always well-chosen and interesting - full of exceptional and memorable poems. The author comments are always illuminating.
on 19 November 2013
Give a good insight into modern trends in poetry. Recommended to anyone writing poetry hoping to get it in print as a guide to whats out there.
on 1 September 2014
good quality and value for money
on 13 September 2014
Delivery etc verygood.
on 13 February 2014
anyone new to poetry would in my opinion be put off buying any further books in the series. I was hoping to be entertained and to have thought provoking issues placed before me