5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the Box
The first thing that ...and Death Came Third gave me was the reassurance that the majority of people all go through the same reservations and fears when making a start in the world of Networking and Speaking in Public and secondly, the realisation that we're not all necessarily `born to it'.

Being relatively new to the world of Network Marketing it has given me...
Published on 25 Aug. 2006 by Pamela Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good, some bad
I have been working in sales for sometime now and bought this book more to boost my networking skills than my presentation skills (which I have been told in the past are very good).

This book is broken into two parts: how to network, and how to present. The networking part is excellent, full of tips and strategies about how it is a longer term process and not...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the Box, 25 Aug. 2006
Pamela Harris "Pam" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Being relatively new to the world of Network Marketing it has given me a brilliant start, there is definitely something for everyone and I'm sure it would be realistic to say that some ideas we will use and some we won't - given our own unique personality styles.

In a relatively short space of time I have become more confident at both Networking and Public Speaking and put this down largely to the many tips and suggestions given in the book, and then obviously getting out there and practising them.

The anecdotes are excellent and I feel that Andy and Peter between them both, have certainly captured and in turn given to us readers, the basic recipe for successful Networking. It's definitely one of my many books that will be read over and over.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Star, 9 April 2006
Roderick Sloane "Sales and Marketing Alignment" (Ealing, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It has often been said that the two key skills for any business in the 21st Century are an ability to communicate a message and a hungry market to commuinicate that message to. Now, for those outside of the corporate world, the best way to achieve these two objectives are through networking and speaking to groups.
Andy Lopata and Peter Roper have written a really handy book on how to achieve this. Now, let me state that I know both of the authors and they have the creditinals to write on this subject.
What I liked about this book was
* it's easy to read
* full of practical advice and
* a great motivator to get out there and do it.
So if winning new clients depends on networking and speaking..then order yout copy today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for all networkers!, 20 Jan. 2007
B. Patel "the hypnotist" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This book is more than just a guide to the shy and anxious. In a very simple way Andy and Peter have explained how anyone can improve the way they are perceived in the market place through networking and public speaking.

Reading this book has definitely improved that way I network with people and I am seeing the results already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turning a good speech into a brilliant one, 16 May 2011
This review is from: . . . and Death Came Third!: The Definitive Guide to Networking and Speaking in Public (Paperback)
As a business speaker I know how much preparation and practice is required to deliver a business keynote that energises, amuses and stimulates an audience.

and "Death Came Third" gives both professional and novice speakers hundreds of tips and ideas that make the preparation and delivery that turns a good talk into a brilliant one.

I recommend this book without question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.......I hope my competitors don't read it !!!, 28 Mar. 2006
Steve Dobson Urban Data Ltd (Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
And death came third is brilliant. It brings everything into one place that a relationshp manager needs to be successful, namely presentation skills and networking.
"How to fill a room with your customers and how to get your message to everyone."
And death came third is the rare and welcome fusion of practical insights and solid science theory. Most books I have read in this field are patronising, forgettable and faddish. But this book provides Techniques, Tips and Tools which means that you are equipped to get the best out of yourself and the best out of your relationships.
It confirms what we all know to be true......to enjoy sustained success ..........- "you are only as good as your network". It is easy to read, it is informative. Every page has that wonderful "ahaa" that I personally love so much like when the final piece in a jigsaw falls into place.
It is a must read book for anyone who wants to to get ahead and stay ahead in business.
This is the only book that i will recommend to people I care about - my customers, my colleagues, my friends and my family.
I hope my competitors are too busy chasing their tails to read it !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Going into business? Then read this book, 28 Mar. 2006
Patrick Nelson "drupal seo websites" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
3 out of 5 businesses in the UK fail in the first 3 years.
Why?
Because people are unpredictable, so markets are unpredictable, so marketing products and services is unpredictable.
Marketing is the one outstanding area of business in which money spent often produces little or no return. Networking is a marketing tool and strategy that, properly used, can not only keep a company in business but can actually dramatically improve the results that company achieves.
I cannot impress enough upon anyone thinking of starting in business or a new career how important it is that they get a copy of "...and Death Came Third" AND ACTUALLY READ IT!
Andy and Peter's approach for what it takes to make networking a viable and working strategy for you is absolutely spot on from the first three tips to the section on speaking in public.
If you diligently follow the advice given by these two seasoned networkers, you will be able to build a network of contacts, associates and friends around you that will help you personally, professionally, financially, socially and emotionally through the ups and downs of business life.
Get it today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Networking manual to get to the next level, 31 Mar. 2006
Michael Peters (Bury St Edmunds, UK) - See all my reviews
Imagine you have extreme confidence and people are immediately attracted to you when you walk into a room full of strangers. Then imagine quietening the crowd and speaking to them in a cohesive and authoratitive way--compelling their attention so that they hang on your every word. Wow!
Follow this book and you will be able to. It will change your life. It's an ABC manual to take you to the next level and all the way to the top with your neworking abilities and your personal or company's presentation. It's appropriate for everyone, from clergymen to medical/health professionals, insurance consultants to media salesmen, and network marketers to CEO's. It's a cracking good read. And it's full of wisdom, how to's, examples and common sense. Everyone needs to read and re-read this well written book. It has the inside knowledge to take you to that new level and build on your confidence to perfect your networking skills and personal presentation/public speaking abilities. I give it a top rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 16 May 2011
Adam Smith, ADS Purchase & Supply Ltd. (Atherstone, Warwickshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Can't recommend "..and Death came Third!" enough! Really helps anyone facing the fear of networking and speaking in public. Fantastic read for networkers (new and old) and anyone wanting/needing/having to speak in public.

It's clear, down to earth, and a little humour makes it really easy to get to read.

Tackling the major issues that I (and many others I'm sure), face in everyday business life and when going to networking events. The first edition was great, but the second really hones that success. It's already helping to further improve my networking and also giving presentations to my clients. It gives really useful tips, tools and techniques that have clearly come from some years of experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars New & improved!, 17 May 2011
JA Barrie (BECKENHAM, KENT United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A few years ago, networking was not even acknowledged as a marketing tool. Today, it's an essential skill for many business owners - I know, I get 98% of my Comms Plus clients via word-of-mouth! It's great to learn from Andy Lopata's expertise in this area. Similarly, public speaking ability is important for presenting yourself and your business in the best light. Peter Roper shares the benefit of his years of experience to help.

As far as I know this is the first time these complementary topics have been packaged together in one book, packed with tips, tools and techniques to aid your business success. And this second edition refers to social media networking too, so it offers even more value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, resourceful and above all helpful!, 18 May 2011
I'm familiar with Andy Lopata and Peter Roper's reputations in the industry, and this book is like taking their expertise with you. As well as being an excellent reference point and tool for people looking to increase their professional ability and profile, it also helps the average person deal with a really difficult task - public speaking. So often we are called on to perform as speakers, and it can be terrifying- to make matters worse it's usually at a really important event like a wedding, the one time you really want to make your subject matter proud and express what you want to express, but few people get the chance to really be trained in this art - and this book is a huge help.

From a professional point of view there is much to be gained from this as a guide and resource to help improve your confidence and quality in networking and speaking to your professional network, most of us have to present as part of our jobs, but again don't always get much time for training in this, this book is a fantastic resource that you can turn back to for advice, and really is a great tool for building up confidence and bringing ideas for presenting effectively - really getting your message across not just standing there and passing on information.

I would highly recommend this publication as an invaluable resource and an inexpensive way to access some genuinely useful and helpful information.