4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Helper
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by Camerafour

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful field guide
.....if you need one; and more accessible than the Canon manual.

I got this book because I thought its compact size would be preferable to carrying around a printout of the electronic manual supplied with the camera. But whilst the camera and battery weigh a bit over 400g, this book weighs 443g because it's printed on a heavy paper.

I also got this...
Published on 22 April 2011 by M H

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful field guide, 22 April 2011
M H (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
.....if you need one; and more accessible than the Canon manual.

I also got this book because the Canon manual does not have a proper index, access to the information it contains is poor, and I have a lot to learn. This book is better than the manual, having an index worthy of the name, a glossary, and extra contents pages at the beginning of each chapter. The pull-out cards just show the camera layout - buttons and functions.

However, unlike the Canon manual, the diagrams of camera layout in this book do not have page reference numbers for the controls and functions illustrated. So, having identified a particular button or function I then have to search for information about it. Most of this can be found either in the glossary or index. But, for example, finding out about the AE/FE lock is not going to be so easy. Whilst AE is defined in the glossary, I could not find an index entry for FE or the lock. I will just have to read through the text in the hope I come across it.

I am sure that once I have found my way to the relevant information I will find The Expanded Guide very helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Helper, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
This is a very good well arranged book printed on good quality paper and very good value. I do agree with another reviewer in wishing it went a bit deeper into some aspects and for that reason I have deducted a star. Don't be put off by my saying this though. It is well worth the money to have all the controls detailed in a book rather than on a CD. I'd buy it for that reason alone. If Canon had any sense they would have produced a proper book in the first place. This is a gem of a camera with many controls which are beyond the experience of the average family point and shooter. If you fall into that catagory of photographer this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class G12 Manual, 7 Aug 2012
Mr. Brian L. Wilby (Essex, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
First class easy to digest camera guide for the Canon G12. This guide is sectioned into bite sized chunks that made it comfortable for me to deal with. The G12 is a development from the earlier models and uses advanced noise management electronics rather than ever higher pixel counts. This guide tracks that change with relevant advice and techniques.
A very fine Guide and good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powershot, 19 Jun 2011
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide)

An excellent and clearly explained guide to the camera at an excellent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need, 8 Jan 2014
R. J. Church - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
This book solves all your operating problems simply and easily.
Very useful indeed. I am glad I bought my copy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guide For Your Canon G12, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
Written in plain and simple to follow non technical language. The publisher has produced a first class paperback book that should stand up to constant use for a reasonable period of use. I would not hesitate to use this supplier, publisher and books by this author in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars G12 (Expanded Guide), 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
An excellent buy, providing a lot more information than the CD manual. Users new to using a high-end compact camera will find this book to be of particular benefit. Experienced users will find it of less benefit, but given the basic nature of the manual, there are still a lot of good tips and explanations in here, particularly in respect of some of the more esoteric functions hidden away in the camera. I feel it is very good value and that most users will get something useful out of it. A professional product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike, 26 April 2012
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
A great book. The instruction book that came with the camera is not detailed enough. I would recomend this publication to anyone. In fact I have the same companies publication for my other camera.
Very helpful and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars canon powershot g.12 guidebook, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
Prompt delivery. Recommended by friends as a useful book. Looks great so far but yet to use it fully. I`m sure it will be very helpful in helping me find my way around the new camera

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but . . ., 14 April 2011
This review is from: Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) (Paperback)
. . . there are some printing errors (such as sections duplicated) which should have been picked up BEFORE the book went to press. Also, there's not much here that isn't in the instructions provided on the CD supplied with the camera (just some pretty pictures to illustrate things a bit better).

Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide)
Canon Powershot G12 (Expanded Guide) by David Taylor (Paperback - 7 April 2011)