5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet
Hildafolk is the second Luke Pearson Book I have bought - The first the midnight Giant. This story is short, very short. But the artwork is amazing, cute but with some weight. The story is nicely rounded, some great characters and I really hope to see more from Luke.

It was thoroughly enjoyed by my son (8), Daughter (6), myself (39) and my wife (35)
Published on 3 Feb 2012 by toby barnes

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for illustration lovers
Beautifully illustrated and with in a excellent edition. But the story is so short that is hard to even evaluate it. Made me wish it was longer.
Published on 27 Oct 2011 by Ricardo Cordeiro

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 3 Feb 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, charming and gentle, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hildafolk (Paperback)
Bought this book, because I collect graphic novels, and wanted something my young children could start to appreciate.
Gentle characters, intriguing storyline with just the right mix of suspence, horror (rock trolls - not really horror, but a little scary) and imaginative ending. Beautiful illustrations too. We all love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basically the same as Hilda and the Troll, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Hildafolk (Paperback)
We already own and love Hilda and the The Black Hound, Hilda and the Midnight Giant, Hilda and the Bird Parade and Hilda and the Troll - all of them are beautiful, wonderful books. So I was delighted to see this - what looked like a Hilda book we didn't already have. My son (5) was really excited about receiving it. But then when it arrived this morning, we discover it's just a smaller version of Hilda and the Troll - he already knows the story off by heart. So if you're new to Hilda this is a great book, full of strange folksy mystery and cod-Scandinavian animism, full of humour and adventure - but if you've already got Hilda and the Troll, don't bother getting this one too! But if you have an imaginative child over about 5yrs up, do get all the others, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hildafolk (Paperback)
Purchased (along w. Hildafolk & Midnight Giant editions) for my 6yr-old nephew and he loved them. Illustrations are fantastic. V. happy

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for illustration lovers, 27 Oct 2011
Ricardo Cordeiro "Sr. Cordeiro" (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful artwork and a great story., 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hildafolk (Paperback)
Luke Pearson is a fantastic illustrator and needs more recognition - This is a Nobrow Press classic and if you're someone who loves dipping into a quick but immersive story then you could do far worse than this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A five years old's view, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hildafolk (Paperback)
Hildafolk is excellent. I like how it has little speech bubbles. And I think that the pictures are good. I think that it is an interesting story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, 17 July 2011
Ms. Madeleine B. Burrows (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hildafolk (Paperback)
NoBrow actually came to my art college (Leeds) and did a talk about their company. I had the chance to have a quick read of this at the end, (along with some free postcards) and I loved it! Now that I have some spare birthday money kicking around (yes, I am that bad with money, being a student I should be more savvy) I decided to order a copy. The paper is a lovely quality, different from a lot of other publications, and the art work has a charmingly cultured and cute feel to it. Definately a recommendation for all ages.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, not hardcover as per description., 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Hildafolk (Paperback)
Book looks great, no complaints with the book itself, bright and colourful.

I was expecting a Hardcover as per the product description so was disappointed when it was not. Unfortunately as it's a gift I haven't got the time to return the item or chase it up so it'll have to do.

Hildafolk
Hildafolk by Luke Pearson (Paperback - 25 Nov 2010)
6.22