5.0 out of 5 stars John McGovern, 1 Jun 2014
Good book was in my late teens when I watched him play at forest it was only when he wasn't playing that you realised how much they missed him

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting read, 3 Oct 2013
It was interesting to find out about Johns expoits with the Forest team during their great days. It was also good to understand and experience his time as a Manager after he stoped playing. I really enjoyed this book

5.0 out of 5 stars John McGovern; The Leader!!!!, 3 May 2013
A brilliant read. One of the most respected Club Captains by his colleagues, but not by the fans "until he was not there"; then they realised what he did for the team!!!!!! The "ups and downs" of his life are all there to read about. How was his relationship with Brian Clough? Read this book for the answer!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: John McGovern: From Bo'ness to the Bernabeu: My Story (Hardcover)
Bought for my husband as a late xmas pressy. He loved it as was a big fan in Johns playing days!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting book, 9 Nov 2012
As a football and Nottingham forest fan I was eager to get my hands on this book. It is well written and intesting to read. John Mcgovern gives a no nonsense honest account of his life both inside and outside of football. My only disappointment was that I read the book on my Ipad and there were no photographs or illustrations. I am not to sure if I will continue with Kindle editions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another footballer, 1 Nov 2012
A. Ellingham (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
I bought the Kindle version of this book. It is a genuine autobiography by the most underrated player of his generation. An excellent read from beginning to end.Most of tadays players could learn from him about how to conduct yourself on and off the pitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bo'ness to the Bernabeu, 12 Nov 2012
A great read and who would have believed someone could think of Bo'ness while lifting the European Cup. Great value and a great gift for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars John McGovern - Captain Fantastic, 29 Mar 2013
John McGovern was one of the most successful footballers in English football history, yet he hardly gets a mention, if any, on anyone's greatest ever list. One thing in his favour was his relationship with Brian Clough who repeatedly signed him wherever he went. At Derby County, John saw his first major football honour come to light, but it was at Nottingham Forest that he hit the stratosphere both as a player and club captain. This is John's story, and I would recommend it to anyone, particularly any young player who is trying to make it in the professional game.

5.0 out of 5 stars love, 1 Mar 2013
long time forest fan and it was just the ideal present for my son whom is also a forest fan

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 2 Feb 2013
Loved this book, as a forest fan McGovern was one of my idols growing up seeing lift the european cup twice and this book gives you an insight what it was like for the players a great read.

John McGovern: From Bo'ness to the Bernabeu: My Story
John McGovern: From Bo'ness to the Bernabeu: My Story by John McGovern (Hardcover - 8 Oct 2012)
15.19