5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present excellence
Published on 11 Jan. 2012 by Leon

3.0 out of 5 stars The Three Hungry Boys
I bought this book for my husband for Christmas (he's never really grown up) thinking it would be ideal. It was a little disappointing. You expect a bit of self-indulgence but this was really blatant. There were some interesting bits in the book but it did not live up to the hype surrounding its publication. This would not be my first choice to take to a desert island.
Published on 5 Jan. 2012 by Mrs. L. Wisson

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present excellence, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
I was given this book as a present this christmas and although I had never heard of the 3 Hungry Boys before I was instantly sucked into their world by this book. Packed full of well explained advice and tips, it is also one of those easy to pick up and flick to a new page and become absorbed in a totally different habitat and cooking skill. After spending a good hour fending off my kids so that I could read more and more of it I phoned 2 of my mates and set a date this summer to go into the wilds and do it ourselves.
It's grown up boy's own stuff, and every single male should read this book and give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this., 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
I like this book. As stated in the book, they are not survival experts but they are obviously very knowledgeable. They hope to inspire you to make the most of every minute of your life, with recipes, anecdotal stories of growing up, fantastic photos, sneaky fishing tricks and how-tos.

Perfect for boys and big kids and for girls (the boys arent half bad looking :) ). Cant wait for the TV show and more books in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! An enjoyable read and a wealth of useful information!, 26 Mar. 2012
Stacey Thomas (Sutton in Ashfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
I bought this book for two reasons 1.I'm a fan of the show and 2. I'm very much into outdoorsy stuff and making your own food. This book is fantastic! It covers lots from foraging, fishing and diving to making simple things like ketchup and butter. You also get a nice background to the three guys and they share some personal experiences too. Thom talks about his adventures in South Africa which are incredible. There's even a section about how to play guitar. I bet you weren't expecting THAT! It's a great book, easy to follow and enjoyable to read. There a plenty of pictures too for those of us that need to actually SEE how something is done. If you like the show, River Cottage, gardening or anything that involves enjoying your life, then this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you wish you could do and need to know!, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
What a great book! Not hardcore survival or hardcore food it's set just right for the non SAS guys out there! It is everything you wished you could do in the outdoors. definately an must for the coffee table!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fabulous read!, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
We have been eagerly waiting for this book to be released ever since we met the boys at River Cottage this summer, then followed them around Devon and Cornwall via Twitter on their latest adventure.
The book doesn't disappoint, jam packed with great information, brilliant hints and tips all delivered with humour and very very easy and enjoyable to read.
My husband and I are going to be fighting over it!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved the series - Get this !!, 25 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
We loved the idea of the adventure and of the food and drink they made / sampled so this book was an absolute must - richly illustrated and with the same humour that shone through in the TV series !
A must-have in anyones collection !

5.0 out of 5 stars Foraging excellent!, 29 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
Having had the book on pre-order for the last month, I was pretty excited to finally recieve it!
The book is everything I could have hoped for and more - the wild swimming and mushroom foraging tips have to be my favourite parts of the book and the photography makes it a great coffee table book.
I thought the book was so great that I have ordered 3 more for Christmas pressies.
Well done boys, can't wait for series 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book and love The 3HB!, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
This is a fantastic book. It is full of interesting stories, great tips and ideas, amazing recipes and great for anyone who likes outside stuff and or The Three Hungry Boys and their adventures!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Three Hungry Boys (Hardcover)
This book is really interesting. I have been lucky in meeting the Three Hungry Boys who were all really nice and very interesting to talk to. I would buy other books from these lads.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Three Hungry Boys, 5 Jan. 2012
Mrs. L. Wisson "Lesley Wisson" (Carcassonne, France) - See all my reviews

The Three Hungry Boys
The Three Hungry Boys by Tim Cresswell (Hardcover - 24 Nov. 2011)