5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant map!
I really loved this map - it brings the whole of Roman London to life and allows you to understand how their city laid the fabric for ours.
It's a great price too! My kids loved it.
Published on 20 July 2012 by Mark S Elliott

I was very surprised and disappointed by the overall quality of this product

Firstly - physical quality - this feels like a map given away by a hotel etc rather than a proper map publication - it does not feel like it will stand up well to use

Published 15 months ago by JS

1.0 out of 5 stars Much Poorer Quality than I would have expected from Museum of London, 16 Sep 2013
I was very surprised and disappointed by the overall quality of this product

Second - content - I had hoped for something of the quality of the old Ordnance Survey Londinium map clearly overlaying Roman features on modern streets/buildings etc. This map attempts to do that but not in any great detail.

If this map was 1.50 rather than 6.25 I might be reasonably happy - as it is I have ordered a second hand copy of the Old OS map - which although it is out of date as regards new streets/buildings and newly discovered roman remains still gives far more useful information. I would happily pay double the price for this map if the above issues were addressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant map!, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Londinium: A New Map and Guide to Roman London (Paperback)
It's a great price too! My kids loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Londinium: A New Map and Guide to Roman London (Paperback)
Have to say I was both pleased and disappointed. Lots of information, but on a paper map which soon looks as if it's about to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars romanophiles buy it, 11 July 2013
Mr. Edward Gregory "Ed G" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Londinium: A New Map and Guide to Roman London (Paperback)
If you are interested in Roman Britain you must get this book. Some sites are more easily accessed than others but worth the effort to get to see all of them. Of particular interest to me was the 1stC shoreline compared to todays - fascinating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating but awkward to use., 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Londinium: A New Map and Guide to Roman London (Paperback)
The map is fascinating and really informative. Unfolding it and refolding it is annoying, as with most maps I suppose. I am not sure how they could improve this as you need so much space in order to read it.
The detail is good and it shows a ghosting of today's London underneath which is very helpful in placing current buildings. This also helps to understand the development of certain areas. You can also see where the old rivers ran, and it shows most of them to now be hidden underground and built on. The south bank is amazingly deserted and mostly mud flats.
I spent ages looking at it and thoroughly enjoyed adding to my knowledge of Roman London - a good buy.

Londinium: A New Map and Guide to Roman London
Londinium: A New Map and Guide to Roman London by Museum of London Archaeology (Paperback - 15 Aug 2011)
Used & New from: £12.45