5.0 out of 5 stars I now know how to make HDR images
This book introduces HDR and how to achieve it using just about any DSLR. There are plenty of examples and workshop walk throughs to help the beginner. Everything is well explained and easy to reproduce on your own camera.
Published 14 months ago by RJP the Book Boy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info to get started with
The majority of the book discusses 6 different types of HDR software. As I only have 1 of those programs, the bulk of the information did not apply to me. Take away the demo photos you're left with maybe 5 or 6 pages of information.

Don't get me wrong - The information DID help me. It's good stuff and I learned a bit. Just not as much as I had expected to.
Published 23 months ago by Cheetah Racing

5.0 out of 5 stars I now know how to make HDR images, 13 Feb. 2014
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Practical HDR: The Complete Guide to Creating High Dynamic Range Images with your Digital SLR (Paperback)
The book has certainly got me thinking outside the box when I approach landscapes now and it has also made me want to go out in all weathers and do HDR photography.

For me the book has succeeded on two levels, firstly I understand how to get great HDR images and process them and secondly it has motivated me to go out and get them.

If you really want to explore HDR and are not sure where to start then this book is what you need.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info to get started with, 4 Jun. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice introduction, but nothing more., 2 Jan. 2015
Ok, this book is a good starting point for HDR photography, but that's about it. In other reviews a few people complain that it does not discuss the use of more HDR software programs (only about 5 of the most used HDR programs are discussed like Photomatix, Photoshop, HDR Express/Efex Pro, but I don’t agree. As it is many pages are of no use since it is likely that the reader is using only one piece of HDR software, so it is actually quite quick to read the book cover to cover since you skip those using the other software programs. However, if you have decided on the software you wish to use at least this book will help you decide by discussing very briefly the pros and cons of each option. I would rather purchase a book that concentrates on one piece of software alone. I also would have preferred a bigger section on the different variety of photos you can get with HDR photography, maybe more of an overview of its artistic merits. So, all in all it’s a decent starting point but doesn’t go into much detail. I would also be aware that the software is changing all of the time, so it will not be referring to the most up to date versions – and with things changing so rapidly this might be a problem until the book is revised and up dated.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... very well presented book which will give you a good grounding in the theory behind HDR and also offers ..., 23 Aug. 2014
A very well presented book which will give you a good grounding in the theory behind HDR and also offers great tips for improving images post production in Photoshop there are lots of illustrations along the way that will show you how to construct bracketed sets of photographs and how to process them in various HDR software to bring out the best in them. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who would like to improve on their HDR skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Introduction to HDR, 20 Jun. 2012
Martin Beecroft "bittmaster" (North Wales, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Never tried High Dynamic Range photography before?

Seen some High Dynamic Range images and wondered how they do it?

This is a great introduction to the fascinating world of creating HDR images. Easy to follow, simple instructions and a guide to some of the more popular HDR Software packages. It must be good because even I am now producing quite reasonable HDR images. Be aware though, once bitten you'll want to just keep doing it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not excellent, 15 Feb. 2013
A. McGuire (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
Overall good layout and read well but concentrated on specific HDR software (ie Photomatix, Photoshop, HDR Express/Efex Pro, Oloneo) which, if you intend buying that software is helpful, but it would have helped more if some of the other programmes available in the market had also had a mention

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 30 Dec. 2013
great book taut me loads on how to do HDR Work. If I new someone who wanted to do HDR I would highly recommend this fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars New to HDR, 18 Nov. 2013
I am finally getting to grips with how to use my HDR software. This book explains things very well for a beginner such as myself although other reviews say you should follow this book up with others. I don't know what other publications are able to add but this is a great way to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to HDR., 30 Mar. 2013
N. wilding (West midlands UK) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for an easy to understand introduction to HDR images this book is just ticket. I have now by using this book produced some acceptable results in Photomatix. Knowing what sliders do what in the software is half the battle, this book helps quite a lot in this respect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 4 Mar. 2015
My husband found this book very useful and practical. He loves his HDR pictures and this book is a goid guide