TOP 100 REVIEWERon 1 October 2011
Following on from her successful book Knitting for Children, this book teaches children how to crochet. The tools and techniques are clearly shown. I find the step by step crochet instructions to be the best I have seen. The photos are large and the instructions are brilliant from 'holding the hook' to 'treble crochet' as well as 'increasing' and 'decreasing. If you have ever struggled with getting to grips with crochet, no matter what your age, take a look at this book. Children will love the projects and with 35 to make, they are spoiled for choice. I love the rabbit scarf, the headband, bird bag, slippers, the parrot and eye patch for budding pirates. The little Princess tiara and rag doll are really lovely too. You'll be crocheting alongside the children, even if you have never done it before. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 11 September 2011
Good book for learning how to crochet. I have purchased it for myself and find the instructions clear and easy to follow. I am hopeful I will finally crack crochet with this book........
on 10 July 2013
This book is nice; especially the reference section with step- by- step, photo illustrations of basic crochet stitches and skills. I learnt the techniques from You- Tube videos, but still found myself referring frequently to these illustrations and writing notes in the edges. The process of learning to crochet is complicated by the fact that stitches are named differently in US and UK. So, single crochet (US) is double crochet in UK. Double crochet in US is treble crochet in UK. Confused already? I was! But now I can crochet! Thank you, Ms Montgomery! .... There are many nice projects in this book. But the amigurumi look stiff; better patterns for amigurumi can be found in a booklet called Easy Crochet Critters: 10 Amigurumi Designs (Vanna's Choice).
on 29 August 2013
This is a fab book for kids and adults who wish to learn to crochet. I have been doing it for about 2 years now and it gave me some tips. Lovely patterns to make too.

I would recommend this for kids and beginner adults.
There is a pattern for a bear and to be honest it is abit creepy. The head is huge compared with the body so it is putting me off making it. That would be my only complaint.
on 3 December 2012
I love the front cover and most of the projects in this book. It will be really useful for when my 5 year old daughter gets a bit older.
on 21 September 2013
It was bought for an adult, but with an adult there to explain some of the instructions, I think it is fine for children. The stitches are easy enough to learn with a little practice and the projects are fun to do. The book was delivered quickly and in excellent condition.
on 29 March 2013
A good introduction to crochet for children or adults. Not really too much for boys, but the patterns are interesting enough and easy to adapt should you feel adventurous.
A good addition to a crafting library.
on 19 April 2013
Great book with fun ideas. I bought it for my 10 year old niece and she loved it. Ideal for beginners.