on 11 February 2012
This book is a fun and well illustrated gift for anyone wishing to make their own natural beauty products. Just a bundel of joyfull things to make and have.
on 12 February 2013
very happy recipes great had a lot of fun making them delivey good also.very hasppy with every thing,thankyou to you.
on 25 June 2013
Full of information to get you started and on your way to creating skin products and more. I found the author's directions clear and understood her emphasis on following methods correctly. Now more than ready to create.
on 14 December 2015
Excellent book with glorious recipes!
on 15 April 2013
For anyone wanting to startmaking their own products, this book is just the thing. easy to understand and fantastic photographs.
on 27 April 2013
This is the best book I have found for simple homemade body and face product recipes. As a newbie this book has converted me to the simple, natural and effective products that can be made at home in no time at all. I have to say I prefer the oil cleansers and face oils. The body bars are great too. They last for ages and they work as effectively, if not more effectively than expensive shop bought ones. I have made gifts for others and they have all been surprised that I actually made them. The initial outlay is expensive when buying the ingredients but certainly less expensive in the long run with the added advantage that you know exactly what is in it. I highly recommend this book as I have found others in the library that are over loaded with non essential information and unclear recipes. I like the advice in each recipe towards what to add or take away depending on skin type. You can adapt essential oils to suit skin type, scent preference or omit it altogether. I hope there is 'a green guide to natural beauty 2' in the pipeline.
on 4 June 2013
Really good recipes, nicely presented book and a worthwhile investment if you want to make your own beauty products. This book tells you how to make proper face creams, lotions, cleansers, etc. The only other book that I've come across that I would rate more highly is "Make your own skin care products" by Sally Hornsey.

You will need to buy some ingredients online to make all of the products described in the book, as this definitely isn't a things-you-find-in-the-kitchen book, but a proper skincare recipe book.
on 4 December 2011
I can recommend this great book to everybody who's into natural cosmetics, Neil's Yard Remedies or just loves doing crafty things. It is full of beautiful photos and easy to understand step-by-step instructions of how to make the skin and environment friendly products. I'm a very happy owner of this book myself and already tried a few recipes. It would make a perfect little Christmas gift too...:)
on 23 May 2013
Bought this book some months ago. Have not tried any recipes yet, some look and sound like something you would like to taste! Will try recipes when I have purchased thermometer!