4.0 out of 5 stars Well wort the money!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: How To Become A Firefighter: The Insider's Guide (Paperback)
I bought this book a number of weeks ago and I have to say it has been a great help for me. It helps you to focus on the kind of person that you have to be in order to get a job on the fire service .

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could want to know about how to become a firefighter, 15 Aug. 2014
Very informative book. This book and a very good fitness book will certainly guide you in the career path of a firefighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish everybody would read this!, 28 Jan. 2013
I became aware of this book when it was brought to my attention as a station manager of a retained fire station. I frequently have people wanting to join and personally have to guide them through the recruitment process.
One of the lads brought this book along and I had a read of of to ascertain how accurate it is. I have to say it is pretty spot on.
I think it it well written and presented and I can confirm that the information is accurate. There are usually 'key stages' where potential recruits fall down, but I think the explanations in this book are very good and should be getting applicants in the 'mindset', especially around the dreaded PQAs!
I just wish everybody would read this book prior to coming to see me as it would make my job a lot easier!

4.0 out of 5 stars useful guide, 5 Sept. 2011
A very useful book to refer to at the various stages of the recruitment process with some good tips and advice to think about along the way. would recomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to help become a firefighter, 24 Oct. 2012
I found this book to be excellent.
It really helped me understand the process required to get into the fire service.
What i particularly like about the book is that it is written by a ex firefighter so it really makes it simple to follow and an easy to follow guide.

How To Become A Firefighter: The Insider's Guide
How To Become A Firefighter: The Insider's Guide by Richard McMunn (Paperback - 17 Feb. 2011)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available