5.0 out of 5 stars A must!, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Firefighter Interview Questions And Answers: 1 (Testing Series) (Paperback)
I became aware of this book when it was brought to my attention as a station manager of a retained fire station. I frequently have people wanting to join and personally have to guide them through the recruitment process.
One of the lads brought this book along and I had a read of of to ascertain how accurate it is. I have to say it is pretty spot on in explaining the way around the PQAs.
I think it it well written and presented and I can confirm that the information is accurate as it can be. The interview is usually the area where most people fall down on the selection process as you really have to understand what the interviewer wants. Its not all about 'buzz words', it is about structuring your answers in the right way and fulfilling the criteria within the PQAs.
This book explains the process very well, and in my opinion should supplement the "how 2 become a firefighter" book.
If you are considering applying to any fire service, I really would recommend this book to give you an idea on the interview in depth as many of the 'official' guides will lack key areas of advice.
Pretty good value in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firefighter Interview Questions And Answers: 1 (Testing Series), 20 Jan 2012
This book is a must if your looking to join your local or any UK based Fire and Rescue Service. Providing invaluable information and tips in a logical order to your success in becoming a fire fighter. This book helped me in passing my local fire and rescue service interview, from thousands of applicants it aided me in becoming shortlisted down to the final hundred. Even if you are familiar with the PQA process, this book will push and guide you to becoming a well rehearsed interviewee, ready for any question that could be thrown at you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Passing firefighter interview, 4 Sep 2011
If you have passed the previous interviews for the Fire service and are preparing for the face to face interview I would absolutely recommend this book. I worked through it and completed all of the exercises and it was a massive help, both with pre interview nerves and also during the interview as I felt fully prepared. There are other books similar to this but this book focuses on the PQA's and is the most up to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have if anyone is considering joining the fire service, 24 July 2013
I have attempted to pass the firefighter interview before with no addition help...big mistake, I can honestly say that this book is a eye opener it opens up the interview process and give the applicant a chance to structure there life experience into a functioning response to give to the interview panel.
After reading the book I now feel prepared and confident to take on the interview, I would recommended this book if you are serious about wanting to pass the firefighter interview.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Mar 2012
Highly recommended for those who want a career as a Fire Fighter. It's my dream job and this book really steers you in the right Direction. It's tougher than ever getting into the Fire Brigade but having read Mr Mcmunn's books I got through the selection process, passed the written tests and the interview (just the physical tests to go!).

Essential.

Firefighter Interview Questions And Answers: 1 (Testing Series)
Firefighter Interview Questions And Answers: 1 (Testing Series) by Richard McMunn (Paperback - 24 Jun 2011)
13.00