on 20 June 2014
This is an invaluable book and definitely would prepare you for the verbal and numerical reasoning tests for the Police Force. To master such tests, you must practice and it’s strongly advisable to follow Richard’s advice on that. I’m already half way through the book after receiving it yesterday and practicing the tests is making me more and more confident. Richard McMunn’s material on How 2 Become a Police Officer also provides very clear information on what is expected at the Police Constable assessment centre tests, therefore I also suggest this title for anyone wishing to apply for the Police Force in the UK.
on 2 April 2014
You will need additional books if you buy this.

I used this to before attending my day 1 assessment, on my day one report writing exercise I got a type of question that this book didn't even make me aware of. I still passed in the end but no thanks to this book.
on 7 April 2014
I would recommend this book as it really helped me to prepare myself for the tests and gave the confidence to do the tests well within the time.

Great tips and hints included....

Munir Hassen
on 30 December 2013
very helpful, the exercises get more complex as u go along, Defenitely recomend if you want to practice for the police assessment day
on 7 February 2014
Good book for practicing but in reality all police tests are much harder and much different so the ones in the book are no longer relevant and they should be updated. Don't buy if you are planning to apply for police work or waiting for your Assessment Centre, this book will not give you good examples to work on. Speaking from the experience!
on 28 October 2013
Bought this book after reading all the reviews on here and I can only say I'm extremely disappointed. The verbal reasoning in this particular book is full of questions where the answers could be interpreted in various different ways.
on 16 August 2012
I'm really disappointed that I bought this book. It's full of mistakes. I don't want to waste anybody's time so I'll just mention the more obvious ones. First, in the verbal reasoning section, from question 33 to the end, is just a repetition of the first set of questions. Cant't see the reasoning behind it.

Second, on the numerical exercises there are plenty of mistakes. Without going through all 10 tests since I was extremely disappointed by that point, I have to say the following:

On Part One of the numerical tests, exercise 2, the answer for question 8 is C and not D.

On Part Two, Test 1, question 10, correct answer is D and not C since the total number of runners is 70 and not 69. Clearly a mathematical error and not a misprint like the previous one.

On Part Two, Test 10, the answer given for question 10, can only be right if the square's area is 40m x 30m and not 40m x 25m, as given by the exercise. None of the other answers applies to the question if the square is 40m x 25m.

On the same test, the correct answer for question 16 is D and not B since X+(X*20/100)=200 means that X=250 and NOT 240, which is again another clear mathematical error since to reach that conclusion you would need to do X=200+(200*20/100).

I've only been through Part One and Tests 1,2,3 and 10 from Part Two and I've come across these obvious mistakes, which put me off from wasting my time with the rest of the book. Again these mistakes are not just misprints BUT CLEAR MISTAKES OF MATHEMATICAL REASONING. Very disappointing and I can't really see how the previous commentators managed to miss out on these errors.
on 6 August 2014
Very helpful with lots of examples to practice! I would definitely reccomend this as it really helped me!
on 8 October 2014
I bought this book for friend who gave a good commendation of it.
on 13 April 2016