Format: HardcoverChange

on 10 September 2013
Mick Twister has done a fantastic job in creating a funny yet also highly interesting read. The perfect stocking filler for this Christmas.
on 10 September 2013
A funny, irreverent but still informative take on history. The witty limericks make for a fast-paced read, but it informs as well as entertains. Highly recommended for anyone interested in history, limericks and laughs.
on 13 October 2013
My Wife picked this up at the British Museum and I was a bit sceptical but it turned out to be a very enjoyable read! Witty and clever, can pick this up whenever and have a little chuckle!
on 3 October 2013
Wonderful book. Kept me throughly entertained and also taught me a few things about the history of the world we live in. Very funny. Perfect for a light read while sitting on the loo!!
on 13 January 2014
I bought a copy in our local bookshop, and found the limericks so clever, funny and instructive, that I promptly ordered 4 more copies from Amazon for my limerick-loving friends. UnfortunateIy I now feel a bit guilty for not staying loyal to my local bookshop. Perhaps Mike Twister could write a limerick for me about my disloyalty!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2013
A great read - lots of laughs but also extremely well researched and informative. Very enjoyable and am ordering a couple more copies for those people who are hard to buy for at Christmas time.

There Was an Old Geezer Called Caesar: A History of the World in 100 Limericks
on 25 November 2013
A great little book which evokes moments from history in a comic, clever and memorable way. I took it to my grandad in hospital and he loved flicking through the limericks and chuckling out loud. A great book to share and read aloud
on 10 January 2015
Brilliant limericks that the whole family found hilarious. The limericks are about historic events and it gives details of the events below the Limerick ( if u want 2 read about it)
on 13 November 2015
Gives a different twist to history. Very enjoyable.
on 19 August 2014
good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse