Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 May 2012
This book came up to expectations of its title. Very interesting if you live in Kent. My next action will be to look some of the items / locations explained in the book.
on 8 April 2015
My sister bought me this book because we're exploring Kent in September for 2 weeks and she knows I like to know quirky facts from the history of a place. I wasn't disappointed! I will now be armed with this very readable book in order to visit places that would have otherwise been missed. Great snippets and stories which have already led me to look further before I've even stepped foot in the county. Highly recommended.
on 25 March 2013
You don't have to live in Kent to like this book, its wacky tales are just marvellous.
The author of this book understands readers, writing for them, rather to them,
very interesting facts, unusual stories, once you open the first page you will
not be able to put it down. There is going to be more from this author & I look
forward to it.
on 22 November 2014
Bought this as a present for a relative who has lived in Kent her whole life. Some things in the book she had heard of and some she hadn't. kept her amused for a few days and gave her lots to talk about with other Kent friends! Good value for money and I recommend it as an excellent present for someone who thinks they have everything!
on 19 February 2015
This book intrigued me from the start. Kent has so much history and the format of this edition has just served to make me want to know more about the county; I hope there will be a second edition. The quirky atmosphere and the extensive/amusing history of the county has been captured perfectly in this little book.
on 15 March 2012
A very interesting jaunt through Kent's unusual people and events. Has inspired me to read more about kent and it's history.
on 28 January 2015
excellent bought for xmas present, been told best pressie ever.
on 2 November 2014
Lovely strange stories of Kent a must if you are Kentish.
on 10 October 2012
Saw this book advertised. Didn't put it down which is strange in itself for me. I never read a book from beginning to end. Thoroughly recommended for fans of local history which I am. This book was a real treat. And I'm from Berkshire!
on 26 May 2015
Quite fun and unusual tales.