5.0 out of 5 stars We want you to be...like us, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Zombo: Can I Eat You Please? (Paperback)
I like zombie stories. I like comics. Put the two together, and - well - it sometimes works and sometime doesn't. There is a lot of zombie stuff around, with The Walking Dead perhaps being the most popular right now and so I wondered what would be left to try that was new to the genre. I've liked a lot of previous Al Ewing stuff, and I'm a big Henry Flint fan (check out Shakara - particularly good) and the story arc for Zombo running in the current 2000AD is getting good reviews, so I thought I would try this out.

And it's brilliant - funny, clever and extremely well drawn. Zombo is a Government experiment of half zombie, half human. I won't go into why the Government made Zombo, it might spoil it for you, but suffice to say you end up with a polite, docile yet vicious zombie all kind of rolled into one. In the first story, Flight 303 crash lands on a death world (Shakara fans will know about them) and the survivors are desperately trying to escape. Unknown to them, Zombo was being transported to a secret location, and once awake he causes havoc, whilst asking nicely and called everyone Mr or Miss. In the 2nd story, there has been a zombie outbreak on a space station, just as Zombo arrives trying to get onto a TV talent show!

It's the script that particularly drew me in, like the example below:

Zombo: "Hullo! My name's Zombo! Can I eat you?"
Kid: "What? NO!"
Zombo: "Alright, Mr Zitty, keep your hair on. Just thought I'd run it up the flagpole."

The violence is a little graphic in places, so probably not suited to younger children, but teenagers onwards will really enjoy this set of two stories from the Zombo world. And you'll chuckle in places, and wonder if it's appropriate, but just go with it.

Looking forward to the next set of stories being put into a graphic novel format soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Can I eat you please", 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Zombo: Can I Eat You Please? (Paperback)
I have never laughed so much over a comic. Hilarious. I absolutely love this graphic novel. A must for any 2000AD fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of fun, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Zombo: Can I Eat You Please? (Paperback)
Come one, everybody loves a zombie that asks before eating someone's face!

It's a nice read, I would recommend it for adult readers searching something different from marvel or dc characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I eat you please!!!!, 21 Oct 2010
Mr. M. J. Foster "Hennaboy" (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zombo: Can I Eat You Please? (Paperback)
Visually outstanding and full of amusement this is a recommended read for all lovers of comics and graphic novels.

This is a great combination of excellent story lines and superb artwork by Henry Flint.

Zombo: Can I Eat You Please?
Zombo: Can I Eat You Please? by Henry Flint (Paperback - 14 Oct 2010)
10.99