5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative
Published on 9 April 2012 by Jansty

1.0 out of 5 stars Where was the humour?
I found this incredibly dull, heavy going and with zero humour. I kept on going purely because I hate to give up on any book once started. There is no insight or enlightenment here - try another author if that's what you're looking for.
Published 16 months ago by Andrea Smedley

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative, 9 April 2012
This review is from: The Battersea Park Road to Paradise (Paperback)
This is the second of Isabel's books that I have read. I've thoroughly enjoyed them both and I think I've learnt from them too. She's a brave woman who sounds great fun and is open to all sorts of new experiences. As I went through the book I noted some of the people she mentioned so that I could check up on them afterwards (but she notes all this in a glossary at the end anyway), as I wanted to find out more for myself. She covers a range of new experiences and takes the reader through them all step by step and we follow her through them all chapter by chapter. It really made me think! A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Humour At Its Best!, 22 May 2012
This review is from: The Battersea Park Road to Paradise (Paperback)
Well, what can I say! I have read all of Losada's books and each have got me thinking in various ways as much as they have got me to laugh out loud as she brings you to reality with a bang!
This book reflects Losada's deep, meandering layers of Spiritual and philosophical understanding, which is coated with her very down-to-earth humourous take on life as we're living it in today's digital, consumerist world.
Through her findings, she brings about an acute understanding that there is indeed an 'i' which is beyond our physical bodies, our minds, our planet. This 'i' is our Soul that connects with the Universal Soul and not only does she get to this understanding- she talks us through it, taking us with her on this fascinating journey.
Well Done, Isabel- you are a star!

5.0 out of 5 stars What it is to be human..., 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Battersea Park Road to Paradise (Paperback)
Isabel Losada writes with humour and honesty about her quest into the 'real her'. On one level, it could be simply described as a bit of a smorgasbord of spiritual practice, but underlying this is a serious theme. What does it mean to be human? Who are we really? In the midst of the rather extreme, occasionally painful (and often very funny!) experiences the author has, there is an enduring idea - that there is more to every person than meets the eye, and there is a part in all of us that connects with something bigger - if only we will take notice of it! So even if you have no desire to attempt some of her experiments (and some should definitely come with a health warning!), the abiding message that each human has worth and significance is well worth taking on board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding your way out of the potholes of life, 23 May 2011
This review is from: The Battersea Park Road to Paradise (Paperback)
Isabel Losada's The Battersea Park Road to Paradise opens with a tour of her home following the flow of energy with a range of Feng Shui experts. She invites the reader to join her as she walks across hot coals on the Anthony Robbins weekend, struggles through the 10 day silent Vipassana retreat and journeys through the Amazonian jungle to meet a shaman.

Isabel writes with a good dollop of skepticism before embarking on each experience and she shares the good and bad with her readers. She tells it as it is. If you like your affirmations and are trying to just "be" more in your life, this book will give you a lift, some ideas and definitely some laughs.

There are a few passing mentions to a man Isabel fell in love with and if like me, you hate to finish a good book until you have another one lined up, you can read a true life love story in her book Men! and at the same time pick up some fascinating insights into what men really think. The Battersea Park Road to Paradise

4.0 out of 5 stars Felt affectionate towards the author, 11 Sep 2013
It may be strange to end up feeling like you like the author of a book you've read and would like to have a chat with her but this is how I felt at the end. The various things that Isabel Losada tries out in her search for wellbeing (eg - Tony Robbins seminars, meditation, Feng Shui, ayahuasca...) are all things that I have known of but never done. She does it for us and reports back! Thanks!
She structures her book using the traditional Chinese 5 Element system which is also something I have long thought would be a good premise for writing a book (not that I am an author myself) so I was immediately intrigued. Her honest and personal accounts of her experiences were interesting and informative both of the experiences but also gave me a sense of her as a funny, intelligent and deep person - an urban professional woman of today who seeks after an ethical way of being and a profound understanding of her place in the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and thought provoking, 9 Sep 2013
A book that doesn't fit into a genre. Intelligent, entertaining, honest and inspiring. If you've ever wondered about life and how to live it , read it. Even if you disagree with the author, you will find yourself asking questions of yourself and the way we live life in the developed world.

5.0 out of 5 stars need instant therapy?!, 22 Aug 2013
This book is kept in my bedside drawer along with Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment. I dare you to have a read when you are feeling happy or especially when feeling low... follow the author on her journey full of giggles and things to make you think to. These books are page turners.

I have read it three times, brought it twice (leant one out and never got it back!! how rude!) Enjoy the therapies, the courses, without the cost and I loved Isabel trying to keep quiet on retreat....... I so could see myself being exactly the same. This is the thing with how Isabel tells the tales, you forget you are reading another's experience and really feel that you are there doing it alongside her. I doubt I've giggled so much out loud whilst reading any more than reading her books.

Tibet with love is a little different and certainly makes you sit and think about things. I doubt I would have coped with the Yak butter tea and the altitude! A moving, warm, funny, heart pulling at times, book. If you fancy a page turner then put Isabel on your next reading list of things to do. You won't be disappointed. I've recommended her books to many and they've not been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from Isabel Losada, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Battersea Park Road to Paradise (Paperback)
I adored The Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment which I have given as a gift to various friends over the years and have enjoyed other books by Isabel Losada. This latest book does not disappoint! Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read., 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Battersea Park Road to Paradise (Paperback)
Isabel Losada always delivers a light-hearted but meaningful read - and this is no exception. I recommend it to anyone on the path to a more meaningful life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Battersea Park Road to Paradise (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this and all of Isabel Losada's books. I found it both insightful and funny - a great combination in a book! I found it hard to put down and eagerly await any more by this author.

The Battersea Park Road to Paradise
The Battersea Park Road to Paradise by Isabel Losada (Paperback - 12 May 2011)
6.39