Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 January 2013
I had enjoy the previous edition of this book and with so many new gins coming out I thought it was worth checking out an update.
I was quite surprised when my book arrived and I saw how slim it was, fearing that it might be a bit light on content, when comparing it to the old version it actually seems to contain even more; a Tardis of a book. I guess there has been some smart type-setting and layout rearranging somewhere.

I actually prefer the slim version as I find it easy to read and it takes up less space on my already packed bookshelf.

I enjoyed the section on different brands of gin and their tasting notes most - after all it is fun to read about gin but tasting it is even better! There were some new interesting brands in there especially a spiced gin called Darnleys View - something worth seeking out I think.

All in all I think it's good value for money if you don't have either edition of the Mixellany Guide to Gin - definitely buy this one and even if you have the old orange hardback edition and you are a gin enthusiast like me, I;d say it's worth a punt.
on 7 December 2014
Bought as a gift which was very well received.