5.0 out of 5 stars Nancy at her finest, 22 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Talent to Annoy (Paperback)
I read everything I can get my hands on that Nancy wrote, and this does not disappoint. Nancy at her most intelligent, mischievous and teasing best! If you love Nancy Mitford you should love these essays.

5.0 out of 5 stars a talent to inspire, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Talent to Annoy (Paperback)
Nancy Mitford, the most erudite of the Mitford clan (though Decca could give her a run for her money) wrote some of the most intellectually hilarious and class conscious and class shattering novels in English. Robert Byron and Evelyn Waugh's dear friend, she bridged the gap between England and The Continent in the most elegant and simpatico if sometimes waspish way. One of the English languages genuine 20th century prose stylist masters, she is seemingly now only cherished and worshiped by those "in the know" something I think that would have perhaps put a wry smile on her clever compassionate and arched lips. I've loved her for longer than I can say and am so grateful and happy that this volume of her non fiction is back in print after so so long. It has saved me years of mucking about in shops looking for it used with little success! The kindest and bravest of writers. I can't think of enough praise to heap upon her. Something she'd probably tell me to be quiet but then pour us a glass of wine! So do yourself a favour and take Nancy into your briefcase or backpack, read her on the way to work or school or wherever. You'll find yourself a friend you never knew you'd had.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Talent to Annoy Nancy Mitford., 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: A Talent to Annoy (Paperback)
This book is not available on kindle so I bought the book. There are some essays of great historical interest. In particular her visit to Russia in 1954. She wasn't allowed to publish it for a long time.

A Talent to Annoy
A Talent to Annoy by Nancy Mitford (Paperback - 1 May 2013)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available