5.0 out of 5 stars Just as engaging as the first one!
Published 8 months ago by omnivore

3.0 out of 5 stars Harmless fun
An entertaining diversion. I didn't enjoy this as much as the parasol series, but will probably by the next one when the price comes down.
Published 7 months ago by Christie filler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as engaging as the first one!, 12 Nov 2013
I am really enjoying this series - the first one was a joy to read, and the second one followed suit! The main character is lively, fun and intelligent, the story bounces along and there are no major plot holes. Unlike many of the current crop of fantasy with vampires and werewolves, the plot is not hijacked by idiotic romance, and the female character does not swoon and check her brain at the door when confronted by a handsome man. My only regret is that it will be so long before I get to read the next one. Buy this one, and if you haven't read her other series (Soulless etc) then I strongly advise you to go get them too!

4.0 out of 5 stars I just love this series, 21 Nov 2013
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ah, Gail Carrigers wonderful Steampunk Victoriana Young Adult series returns with the second outing that will leave readers in no doubt that this series is here to stay. Its quirky, has great characters and when you add the growth of them within the piece based from their original adventures alongside how the events have helped shape them all round makes this something not only a delight to devour but a piece that I thoroughly enjoyed without noticing what the time was.

As with Gail's other work, its instantly identifiable as hers, the prose skips off the page, the prose helping you just dance along the writing whilst at the same time learning to appreciate what the characters go through as each situation merits. Back this up with some great twists, some cracking one liners and all round I was a more than happy reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars When is the next one coming out ?, 24 Mar 2014
S. Maller "(Steve)" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Quite addictive reading. If I could change anything it would be to have the whole series published so I could read them back to back. As it is..I'll have to wait.

4.0 out of 5 stars Curtsies and Conspiracies, 17 Feb 2014
Curtsies and Conspiracies is noticeably rougher than previous books by Gail Carriger but still packs in all the fun and charm. I tore through it in a couple of days and was glad to see the introduction of a familiar face in Lord Akeldama as well as the return of favourites like Captain Niall and Bumbersnoot. Carriger outdid herself with the ridiculous names this time around though, with Lord Dingleproops taking first prize.

I'd recommend any of Gail's Conspiracies / Parasol books to people who enjoy frivolous fiction and light-hearted adventure. I can't think of a book more perfect for winding down with after a stressful day if I'm to be honest and am really looking forward to the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great continuing story, 10 Jan 2014
This book picks up from the first and doesn't let go. It trundles along and slowly builds to a great (temporary) conclusion.

The appearance of a character from the parasol protectorate was a nice treat and perfectly used.

A joy to read. Bring on no3!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Curtsies and Conspiracies: Number 2 in series (Finishing School) (Paperback)
Another great book from Carriger! This young adult steampunk has great characters, good pace and plenty of tea. I would definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep Them Coming, Ms Carriger!, 10 Dec 2013
This new series of Gail Carriger's just gets better for me as it goes along. It's such fun to meet again some of the characters, albeit younger,(and in the case of Professor Lefoux - alive!), which we have already met in Petticoat Protectorate. No Carriger story is complete for me, however, without Lord Akeldama in it somewhere - here we encounter him again - oh joy!

When I first tried this new series I wasn't sure that I was going to like any new heroine better than Alexia but I think Sophronia has proved me wrong. How could I have anything but the greatest of admiration for a young lady who can climb wherever she wishes on a gigantic, floating airship in a crinoline?! Oh, and I want my very own Bumbersnoot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Steampunk Fun, 21 Nov 2013
Another wonderful romp, by airship finishing school, through the steampunk version of Victorian England.

As always there are some serious moments, and actions have consequences - which help to make Gail Carriger's world very believable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 6 Nov 2013
Gail carrier books are always worth reading. This is the second in the prequel series to the soulless books, and is very amusing, introducing younger versions of characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely world to escape to, 12 May 2014
I do enjoy Gail Carrigers books, hopefully many more to come in this little universe! The books are not too long & make for easy reading

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Curtsies and Conspiracies: Number 2 in series (Finishing School)
5.24