5.0 out of 5 stars I actually enjoyed this book!
Published on 27 Feb 2012 by PinkPony

1.0 out of 5 stars Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
Published on 27 Jan 2012 by Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually enjoyed this book!, 27 Feb 2012
I was a little bit worried having read the 2 previous so mixed reviews about this book and almost didn't bother getting this one but because I have loved the last 2 books in this series and really needed to know how it ends I went for it. And I am so glad I did. It was so nice to have all the old characters back again and Nev and Mason just get better by each book. Calla is a bit of a nightmare as she knows how much she loves Shay but she just can't make up her mind about Ren. I mean if you love someone that much what is there to make your mind up about? You feel like needing to give her a slap at times! I loved the way Ren grew in this book and how he matured into a man rather than the arrogant teenager we remember. There are a lot of twists and turns as well and I have to admit to shedding the occasional tear here and there which shows how much I got into this story. And the ending????? Well there seems to be a lot of controversy over how it ends - for me personally I was very sad and it made me cry but then sometimes these endings are meant to have this effect on us. Worth reading if you have read the first 2 books as you will want to know how it all ties up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great ending to a great series!, 22 Jun 2014
Book Passion for Life (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Before I started Bloodrose I was so nervous. I was actually pretty scared because all I’ve heard for the last few weeks was how disappointed people were and they were not satisfied with the ending of the book. We’ll let me tell you, Bloodrose was frigging amazing and I loved every minute of it.

Andrea Cremer has knocked out an entire series of pure awesomeness and has left me wanting more of her work. It only seems like yesterday that Nightshade was released but it sure was one hell of a ride. With action all the way through, a love triangle that will have to rooting on both teams and danger waiting around every corner, what’s not to like?

I loved every single character is this book. I’ve always been a fan of Calla but she was so much stronger this time around. Yes, she still doesn’t know which boy to choose but I’m glad she took no crap from either of them. Yes, she kind of made out with both of them but well, who wouldn’t? Ren and Shay….sigh! And yes, she does finally pick her guy….FINALLY. And overall I was happy with the outcome.

The secondary characters were awesome as well. It was so good to see Ren and Adne connect as brother and sister, despite how hard it was, it was nice to see how quickly they connected. And then there’s Sabine, Ethan, Connor, Adne, Bryn, Ansel, Mason & Nev who I became so attached to in this novel, you just can’t help root for their happy endings.

Now the ending of the book was an unexpected one. I have to admit it wasn’t something I had even thought about but I loved it. It was such a great twist to the whole Guardian story but Andrea wrote it in a way that left me satisfied as a reader and I'm so pleased.

Overall, Andrea Cremer definitely out did herself with Bloodrose. It proves that as a writer she isn’t afraid to go to the extreme and I have to respect her for that. The Nightshade series has been fantastic one from start to finish and I’m so glad I was a part of the journey. PURE AWESOMENESS! Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Bloodrose: Number 3 in series (Nightshade Trilogy) (Paperback)
I absolutely loved Bloodrose. I started reading it on Saturday night and had it finished by last night. The plot was fast paced and filled with enough romance and action to leave you with a completely enjoyable read. I'm sad that this is the last in the series as it is only a trilogy but overall I loved the books. I must admit I was rooting for Ren instead of Shay but I'm not going to tell you who Calla ends up with. That's for you to find out. Andrea Cremer threw some plot twists in to the story that didn't hit me until I was right upon them. This is well worth the read. Trust me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Bloodrose (Nightshade) (Hardcover)
The plot started off really well and at a fast pace. I really enjoyed the first half of the book, as it had a lot of action and there were enough interesting scenes to keep me interested. Shay had to find the rest of the pieces of the Elemental Cross, and a small team went with him each time. During the second half of the book, it started to go downhill. The ending was absolutely appalling and I despised it. The way Andrea Cremer dealt with the love triangle felt like a cop out and I wasn't pleased with it.

Calla, our protagonist, was a complete idiot in this book. She has Ren and Shay fighting over her, and at one point she tells them that she's not making a decision until after the war is over. Fair enough. But then she complains CONSTANTLY about the two of them as they argue and get defensive over her. They're two alpha males who are after her attention, so I'm not sure what she was expecting. Calla is also a giant hypocrite. She thought about her 'difficult' decision at the worst times, and I was almost shouting at my Kindle to tell her to worry about stopping herself from falling down a deep crevice rather than which guy she would prefer.

Shay was also a moron. Like in Wolfsbane, he was immature, bratty and he tried to control Calla. I didn't like him in Wolfsbane and I despised him in this book. He was one of the reasons behind the undermining of Calla's character. She is supposed to be a strong alpha female, and yet this guy is trying to control her life and tell her what she should be thinking. To be honest, their reltationship comes across as fairly abusive.

I love Ren, though. He has gone through so much character development in this series - more than Calla, in my opinion. He's protective of Calla, yet he doesn't try to dominate her in the way Shay does. Ren takes her feelings into account.

I think this was a terrible end to the series, which is a shame because it started out so well with Nightshade. After reading the entire series, I definitely won't be recommending it to other readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trilogy, 20 Sep 2014
What an ending to this great Trilogy. Some things didn't go as quite expected but I personally enjoyed reading the Nightshade Trilogy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer, 19 Feb 2012

Shay was also a moron. Like in Wolfsbane, he was immature, bratty and he tried to control Calla. I didn't like him in Wolfsbane and I despised him in this book. He was one of the reasons behind the undermining of Calla's character. She is supposed to be a strong alpha female, and yet this guy is trying to control her life and tell her what she should be thinking. To be honest, their relationship comes across as fairly abusive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Nightshade Finale, 20 Oct 2013
I was looking forward to the third and final book of the Nightshade series and I have to say I was disappointed. I know if you have read the first two books you will, like me want to find out what happened. Well, if I had my time over again on whether to purchase this book or not, I would think twice.

Calla, Ren and Shay continue to help the Searchers to take on the Keepers and to rid the world of their magic once and for all.

The book as a whole lacked substance and I felt the final outcome, which I obviously am not going to reveal, was a complete failure in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 26 Feb 2013
It was a good book and I enjoyed it. I just don't think the ending was quite right. It was kinda sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab trilogy, 16 Feb 2013
This is great fiction for older teenage readers (and adults!). Characters are reasonably drawn for this genre, the world of keepers and searchers well constructed. This last in the trilogy really packs a punch with a great denouement - unlike many of its kind, it does not trail off into a feeble cliched ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 11 Jan 2013
Bought this as a Christmas gift so haven't actually read it myself, although I can say it was delivered very quickly and a very reasonable price

Bloodrose: Number 3 in series (Nightshade Trilogy)
Bloodrose: Number 3 in series (Nightshade Trilogy) by Andrea Cremer (Paperback - 21 Feb 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01