5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Book! Can't Wait For Number 3!
I have just finished reading this book after finishing the first one yesterday. I will start my review by saying! AMAZING! This book is so amazing. The first one was really good but this one was even better. I'm sure the third one in the series will be just as good. I just hope we don't have to wait to long.

If your reading my review wondering whether to buy...
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by Telss

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first book in the series...I think
I have somewhat mixed feelings about this book...

Published 8 months ago by Catherine (The Book Parade)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Book! Can't Wait For Number 3!, 25 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)

If your reading my review wondering whether to buy Night School: Number 1 in series or Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series, then don't! Just buy it. It is a great story.

What I love about these books are the love triangle in them. I am team Carter all the way. But this book isn't just a love story. It's much deeper and the love story just falls back on to the real story.

I am so glad I purchased these books. When I started the first one and saw it was in third person I was massively disappointed. But now I don't care one bit as the way this book is written it doesn't even matter.

I'm giving this book a huge 9 out of 10 rating! It is amazing, definitely one my favourites. I can't wait for the third and I 100% recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first book in the series...I think, 20 Aug. 2014
I have somewhat mixed feelings about this book...

On one hand, when I finished the book, my initial thought was, ‘That was pretty good! ...I think I liked that even more than the first book!’ (Then again, it should probably be taken into consideration that it has been a long time since I read Night School and I can’t much remember it or how I felt about it...)

On the other hand, then, after some reflection, my second thought was that I couldn’t actually recall anything of much significance actually happening in the book. It just seemed a bit to me like there wasn’t a lot going on with the plot throughout most of the book and that we spent most of the time just....waiting.

I felt like the majority of the book was spent watching Allie prepare for the end of the book – when, supposedly, the big action would finally come into play – with a few odd mini bits of action thrown in just to keep the reader’s attention span from drifting off completely.

However, although I had some issues with the plot, what I really liked about Legacy were the characters. It was great to see Allie getting a chance to develop as a character as she faced more challenges; I realise this may seem a little contradictory of me – first I say it was somewhat dull ‘watching Allie prepare’, then I say ‘it was great to see Allie getting a chance to develop’, but I suppose what I mean is that it was good to see her character developing...but we needn’t spend most of the book on it...

The love triangle present in the first book is still here, and although I know some people are against them, I don’t mind them, in fact I advocate them, if they are portrayed well! You could define a ‘good’ love triangle as one that evokes enough feeling in its readers for them to divide into ‘teams,’ and I’m sure readers of Legacy will be agonising over who they think Allie should be with – Carter or Sylvain? I have to say, in Night School I was definitely all for the mysterious, brooding Carter, however, during Legacy I found myself rooting for Sylvain.

All in all, although I felt it could have been better, I enjoyed Legacy and still definitely would read any future books in the series! I am sure that anyone who loved Night School will not be disappointed by its sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)
After devouring book 1 I couldn't wait to get stuck into this one. I really wanted to know what happens to Allie and her friends at Night School. I feel a part of their lives and want to know more.

This one follows on from the end of book 1, Allie is still in trouble but not sure who is behind it. Every time she learns something new about those in charge or her own family past it tends to just cause more confusion or trouble.

This review may contain spoilers from book 1 so if you haven't read that one yet you may want to before reading this.

After the love triangle was mostly resolved in book 1, I assumed Allie would be settled in her choice but things happen in this book that change everything, and although I did back Carter in book 1 he really changes in this book, he is so much more guarded and harsh and actually starts to boss Allie around, telling her who she should be friends with, that is just not on, and I loved that Allie stood up for herself - even if it took a while to get there. I'm still not sure I particularly like Sylvain, there is a murky past there and something about him that niggles at me, but he did grow on me a bit in this book and puts others before himself.

There is a web of lies running through the story - someone is betraying them all and passing information onto Nathanial, no one knows who to trust and the tension is well written, I started reading lies and possible deceit in all the conversations, I started sizing up the characters. I think I know who it will be in the end but I'm not going to say. I still don't fully trust Rachel - she knows too much but she is a good friend, and I don't think she would go that far. She's my biggest question mark though. But not my highest suspect.

I loved the integration of more pupils for the full term of school and how they all interacted. The school itself is well created, I actually feel like I have walked down the halls and been through the woods around it, everything just comes to life off the page.

This one had another shocking ending, although part of me deep down expected it. But it was still hard to see it come to it.

I have found out that there is a third book due out in August of this year, I am desperate to get it. This book gives you more and more questions and builds up the climax of the story well, it's all gonna go down in book 3 and I am so excited for it. August suddenly seems so far away!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect all-rounder!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading the first book Night School and absolutely loving it, this was a book that I was very keen to read!

It had an exciting start with Allie being chased by some scary guys and I was intrigued as to how she had gotten into such a serious situation. When all was explained I realised that the danger from the previous book was quickly spilling into this one (just what I want as a reader, thank you very much!).

When Allie eventually returned to Cimmeria there was a lot going on as the big clean up, after the fire, was well under way. I was looking forward to her reunion with Carter and also with Sylvain as I sensed she was starting to warm to him again at the end of the first book. Speaking of the two guys in her life, the whole Allie/Carter/Sylvain love triangle was even more interesting this time round, Allie was extremely confused about her feelings and I have to admit that I fully understand why - normally I have an opinion on who a character should choose but this time I just couldn't decide.

I learned a bit more about the mysterious Lucinda and I feel like I'm now building a better picture of who she really is. There was also a lot more information about Night School itself as I followed Allie during her introduction to the exclusive group. Part of this introduction saw Allie partnered with Zoe who was small but very strong, I wasn't too keen on her to begin with but she soon grew on me with her innocent mind and passion for kicking things. I found myself smiling at her reaction to the magpie she spotted - I too am rather superstitious about the magpie poem so this was something I could relate to.

I loved the humour that ran throughout the book, it was a great way of lightening some of the more serious moments. There were a lot of trust issues going on with quite a few lies being told and this was something that kept me on the edge of my seat as I was reading - I was wondering who could and couldn't be trusted, who was lying and if their lies would be discovered.

The ending was fantastic and sad all at the same time, I was utterly gripped by the events that led to the last page. This was another one-day read for me and I felt so upset when I read the final words because I didn't want it to end! Needless to say I'm looking forward to the next book.

This was another amazing read filled with excitement, danger, laughs and a sprinkling of love. A perfect all-rounder.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great sequel. I'm expecting big things from the next book!, 15 Feb. 2013
Lisa (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)
Night School was easily one of my favourite reads of 2012, and although Legacy isn't quite as good, I still found myself loving it. Daugherty's writing is addictive as always, and you'll pass a large handful of hours reading this without even realising it. Upon starting, I immediately connected with the characters I loved so much again and it was like the year-long wait never existed.

When Allie Sheridan went back to London for the holidays, she didn't expect to be chased down by a group of Nathaniel's agents, or to be returning to Cimmeria Academy early to help repair fire damages caused by her brother, Christopher. At first, things seem to be going well. Allie and Carter are super adorable and sexy, and there's some funny awkward tiptoeing around Sylvain, since he saved her life post-rape attempt. Unfortunately, our smiles don't last for long as things quickly spiral out of control. The secrets, misunderstandings and total lack of communication are monumental in Legacy. As much as I love Allie and Carter, I don't know whether to bury my head in the sand in defeat or to run away screaming.

In this sequel, the plot thickens as Nathaniel's motives are explained, and as he takes bigger risks in order to get what he desires, the students at Cimmeria are put in unpredictable danger. As a result, Allie is admitted into Night School where the focus is now on self defence and they soon learn that there's a traitor amongst them. One of the members of Night School or staff is Nathaniel's inside spy and so the Night School students are forced to interview another member assigned to them in search of any inconsistencies, with lying leading to expulsion. It sounds simple enough....BUT OF COURSE NOT, THIS IS FICTION!

This leads us to the dirty, frustrating mess that is Allie and Carter's relationship. Not too far into Legacy, Carter transforms into an overprotective, controlling jerk who completely forbids Allie from seeing Sylvain. They can't be friends or even acquaintances. With Sylvain's past behaviour, I understand his concern but this was too much and clearly NOT just about her safety at all. Carter, come here so I can slap the stupid out of you! Unfortunately for us and Allie, everything snowballs from there. Allie's put in difficult situations with horrible timing, and absolutely nothing works out for her, with Carter or her non-Night School friends! My heart was an ugly little mess by the end of this novel. I feel so much for her, even though at times I felt she needed to be slapped too. Everything that happened with Allie was either wrong or unfair and it was horrible! #AngstWimp

As a character, I really did like Allie (for the most part). She does well in Night School, albeit with a shaky start, and tries her best to solve all of the mysteries around her while dodging Gabe who seems to be popping up everywhere. The small clues combined with the subtle foreshadowing and my halfway-there theories have me curious and desperately awaiting the next book. Legacy seems to pose more questions than answers, and I was a little let down that the plot development wasn't huge. I was hoping for a bit more to happen, for a few more answers to come our way, but sadly it looks like that'll have to wait for book three.

Despite all of the heartache Daugherty made me feel, she still managed to keep me laughing with her well-placed moments of wit and humour, and her captivating story will keep you wanting to know what will happen next. Legacy gives us more insight into some of the characters, especially Carter, while making us distrust others. This novel feels somewhat unresolved because of the sheer amount of unanswered questions, but filled with intrigue and dangerous charm, Legacy is an entertaining sequel which will hopefully pave the way to an explosive third book. I have no idea how things will end and I'm honestly a little afraid after these latest developments!

5.0 out of 5 stars I CRAVE book 3!, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)
I will start my review by saying - AMAZING! This book is so amazing. I'm sure the third one in the series will be just as good. I just hope we don't have to wait too long.

I couldn't get into it in the beginning because it's been a year since i'v read the first one [bookcover:Night School|12576579], and i found it sometimes hard to remember who is who. But as i read throughout the book, i started to recognized those who i forgotten. Thank god for that! It was much more less confusing.

I'v waited so long for book 2 to come out, and when i found it in my mail, i nearly fainted. You have no idea how much i craved this book after the 1st one. I actually COULDN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT! I'm not joking.

I love everything about this book, this series, this author, every bloody thing! And to be honest, i did have some issues with it, but now i have totally forgotten what they were. All i can see is this marvelous book.

I was so happy to be able to connect with the characters once again. I LOVE them ALL. Especially the main protagonist, Allie. Allie and her friends were all kick-ass and awesome, some had some serious issues and were very sarcastic. But that's what i like! I felt like i was there with Allie, feeling her emotions and seeing things through her eyes, that was wayyyy cool.

****
"' I don't want...' He pulled her tightly against him - so close that she could feel the heat radiating from his body. ' I don't want to hurt you'. A frown flitted across her face. ' You wouldn't ever do that.'
****

DO NOT read the 2sc book before reading the 1st. Oh yh, and for those who don't know, there IS a love triangle.

****
' with her right hand still resting against his chest, she lifted his hand with her left and placed it against her heart so he could feel it pounding.
" See?" She said. " We both feel the same thing." His eyes darkening, he kissed her so hard she fell backwards, and they both tumbled to the polished wood floor.'
****

Overall, even though it wasn't as good as book 1, it was damn well close, and i still loved it so much! I knew i wouldn't be disappointed. Night School Legacy had everything i was looking for - action, romance, drama, and even a touch of mystery and thriller. YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!

That's it for the non spoiler section. If you want to read this series or just check it out, then please don't hesitate because it's totally worth it, trust me. So, if you have read this book, or the 1st, and you don't mind to be spoiled then stay and read on! We'll be discussing some things.

I wasn't sure about Allie joining the Night School thiny, i don't know why, but it felt like she was walking into something bad, and i hated all the 'mystery' and secrets about it. It just gave me the creeps. But as she started to train and stuff, i actually extremely liked it. I only wish that the author would have introduce/described more about the training, like she did on Allie's first day. We knew exactly what she was being taught and what she was doing. I found it all very fascinating and intriguing.

And there we have the love triangle between Allie, Carter and Sylvain. If you would ask me which team am i on before i read the second book, i wouldn't have hesitated and immediately say " Carter all the way", but now? I'm no longer so sure. Although, i think i'm leaning a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more towards Carter, still.

~SPOILER ALERT~
The only reason why i'm leaning more towards Carter is because Sylvain tried to rape Allie in book 1. I'm very curious as to WHY he would try such a thing, since it seemed like he cared about her. I would actually really appreciate it if Miss/Mrs Daughtery would explain that in maybe book 3 or something.
***************

*****Discussion/spoiler.*****
Let's talk about the Allie and Nicolie kissing. When Nicolie came up to Allie and juts kissed her, i was bloody hell MORTIFIED and embarrassed for her so much i literally wanted to crawl underneath the ground, and stay there. WHY!? WHY did she kiss her? I don't understand, i really don't get that. And when Allie didn't do anything and just stood there, i was like " What the hell is going on with her? Is she like turning into a lesbian or something?" If i was in her place i would be swearing and pushing the girl as far away from me as possible. That was a bit unrealistic.
****************************

The ending was like " OMG! OMG! NO!" for me. I was at the edge of my seat, constantly gasping for breath. It can't end like this! What the hell?! Are you like serious? AHHH, the torture awaits me. God knows how long i'll have to wait for book 3 to come out! They should have some mercy here. Like, some people NEED peaceful sleep once in a while. I don't know how i can handle it without reading the next book immediately. God help me!

*****SPOILER!*****
I don't like it how we don't know if she's going to stay with Sylvain or get back with Crater. Dammit! I'm changing my mind here! I want her to end up with Carter. They belong together, Sylvain can end up with that Nicolie girl or someone else. I'm back on team Carter! I love him! And i DO NOT like it how they broken up, at all. Makes me wanna punch Carter for not fighting for her and trying to sort things out together.
*******************

Can't wait to read book 3. How about you? what did you think?

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting more!, 10 Feb. 2013
M. Mikulencak (Durango, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)
As other readers have noted, I, too, liked Night School: Legacy better than the first book. So well-written and such good storytelling. Readers will feel as if they are walking the halls of Cimmeria Academy. The author is great at creating sensory details. I read the book in one day -- couldn't put it down. Was surprised at some of the twists and that my fondness for certain characters in book one waned while others became more intriguing. Yes, the cliffhanger ending was disappointing because I hate waiting for the next book in series. Still, the book gives you enough of the story to be satisfied until we can learn more about the secret organisation behind Cimmeria and Night School.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Second Book, 4 Sept. 2013
What a great second book, It continues on from Night School.

The love triangle that is Carter, Sylvain & Allie continues and just gets more complete. One minute I am cheering for Carter and then the next I am cheering for Sylvain. Allie is not great a choosing between them.

Allie and her classmates are getting on better but will it be enough!

Life just doesn't get for Allie but can it get worse.

I love this book as much as the first one and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazeballs, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)
Read the first one and loved it so i got this one and i couldn't put it down! Stayed up all night to read it and i loved everything! ant wait for the next one! The only thing i would say is that the ending confused me a bit. I thought it was a bit of an odd ending and i thought it would end a bit differently but it was still good.. probably just settling the scene for the next one. Over all really good.. a must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Turning the tables on everything you expected., 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series (Paperback)
This was originally posted on [...]
This is the second book in the Night School series, so be warned there may be spoilers. I have to admit I was really surprised how this book turned out.
This book pulled the carpet from under me! Seriously, I saw Allie as being on the right side of all the events going on at Cimmeria, but as this story progresses Allie reacts to situations which makes it look like she might be heading for the wrong side. She unwittingly goes against the establishment. I felt like all tables were turned and bets were off about the final outcome.
This book goes at a slower pace than the first book and there appears to be a long build up to the final scenes, but I felt that the character development was a lot more in depth. We learn so much more about the main character's background especially during their interview process which I thought was a stroke of genius. Lots of secrets coming out of the closets.
The rather dramatic ending left me surprised too. I really didn't see that coming. I still felt the uneasiness that I felt with the first book. Allie just doesn't know who she can trust and I think the author writes that tension extremely well.
Some of the male characters really shocked me with the way they behaved - some good, some bad. Like I mentioned before - everything turned around. For a second book in a series, I felt it really held it's own. A lot of character development, less action but on the whole well worth reading. I really look forward to reading the next instalment.

Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series
Night School: Legacy: Number 2 in series by C. J. Daugherty (Paperback - 3 Jan. 2013)