5.0 out of 5 stars WOW
It was as good ads I hoped for. As always I am waiting for the next instalment from HoN books!!!
Published 20 months ago by A G ROCKETT

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
I absolutely love the House of Night series... Before they started to drag out. But, I thought i'd give the Novella's a try. Not much better I'm afraid.
Published 20 months ago by EmmySteel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Neferet's Curse: Number 3 in series (House of Night Novellas) (Paperback)
Neferets Curse just seems completely dragged out of nothing to be quite honest. In the original books Neferet refers to her being used as his wife on a regular basis, well that's how I read it as. So, when she was only assaulted once, it was confusing for me. Don't get me wrong, I felt empathy for Neferet in the original books, but not this one. The character has no character. I thought it might maybe explain why Neferet turned away from Nyx but it didn't. I thought it would have something in there like "And I vowed one day that..." and have something where she was so powerful that she could never let another hurt her. But there was nothing like that.

I'm rating this book a two because although I didn't enjoy it I have to respect the author for her books that are from the House of Night series. As much as I love the series, they too have started to dry up a little. It's a great shame, there certainly are many avenues that the author can go but they seem to have hit a dead end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait, 26 Feb 2013
Been looking forward to this book for forever! Brilliant read :) nice to finally get an insight to why neferet is the way she is! :) x

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 20 Feb 2013
I waited a while for this book and it's a bit 50/50 for me. I haven't been enjoying the main HoN series as I feel it is just a bit childish for me now but because I've been reading it since it first came out, I'm still interested to see how it ends. Anyway, this book. It was so very short. I agree with a previous review that it only took around an hour to read so I was a bit disappointed in that respect. However, I did enjoy the story. I understand now how Neferet has turned out the way she has and I did feel sorry for her when I finished. It's nice to see how these powerful characters came to be. But 4 stars because yes it was good, but far too short. Really not worth the price tbh.

Hope everyone else enjoys it though!

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice quick read to placate the fans, 19 Feb 2013
I've always had conflicted feelings about the House of Night books: brilliant at times, tedious and poorly written at others. Neferet's Curse, though, was a lovely (albeit short) diversion that gave me more insight into Neferet/Emily's background story. Despite having known what to expect, I definitely viewed her more sympathetically after reading the book- the final chapter will almost certainly shock you. I particularly enjoyed how you could catch hints of the future Neferet in Emily's thoughts and actions (unlike Dragon's Oath or Lenobia's Vow, it is told in first person POV).

Only complaints are that as with the main series, there are parts where you just drift off- I must've flipped through several pages of unhelpfully descriptive waffle- and at £3.99, a bit pricey for a novella of its length (though that's just me being a cheapskate there). Otherwise, it's restored some of my faith in the Casts' ability to pull off an exciting, enjoyable story, and hopefully they can carry this on to the final few books.

3.0 out of 5 stars good book. short read, 19 Feb 2013
waited a while for the story of Neferets background. The story was good and interesting, however it it not very long and only took me an hour to read. It also kind of told me what i thought had happened. so no major surprises. Did enjoy the book though, just dont think its worth £4.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 19 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Neferet, 25 Jun 2014
Wasn't' sure what to expect, but this novella was moving. Very evocative. In it it explains why Neferet really was. It doesn't explicitly say why she turned from Nyx, but it is not difficult to work it out, as her personality, as well as the tragedies in her life unfold. You forget you are reading about evil Neferet. Instead you get to know Emily. Well written and I definitely felt compassion and sympathy for her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neferet's Curse, 3 Jun 2014
I got the box set and really enjoyed reading them....a new take on vampires....I had to get the rest of the series.....would recommend if you're into vamps and demons (this one was as good as the rest i.m.o.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 29 April 2014
love the house of night series and this is no exception, nice insight as to why Neferet is so evil, get reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars P.c cast, Kristin cast written another great book, 18 April 2014
Love the house night series, always a page turner. Brilliant and compelling. A must read, give a great background to neferet

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Neferet's Curse: Number 3 in series (House of Night Novellas)
Neferet's Curse: Number 3 in series (House of Night Novellas) by Kristin Cast (Paperback - 19 Feb 2013)