5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally fluent and action packed
This is the final book in Veronica Rossi's series, and I enjoyed it most out of the three. It's action packed, and unlike many other books in its genre, it manages to fold in tragedy, romance, despair and hope with a whole bundle of surprises, without ever losing its sense of direction. The deftness of delivery of the emotional pivots in the plot is extraordinary...
Published 29 days ago by Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite read, but a solid end to the series.
Published 1 month ago by Chrissi Read

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite read, but a solid end to the series., 4 July 2014
This review is from: Into The Still Blue: Number 3 in series (Under the Never Sky) (Paperback)
I have been enjoying the Under The Never Sky series, so I was looking forward to reading this book. It’s not necessarily the best series out there, but it’s lighter than most dystopian series. I find it incredibly easy to read. Into The Still Blue is the last book in the trilogy. I thought it was good, but I wasn’t particularly wowed by it either way. I don’t see it as a stand out final book.

Into The Still Blue is still a good conclusion to the series. Everything is wrapped up quite nicely and I wasn’t left feeling emotional in any way. I wasn’t angry, confused, blown away or excited. It just mulled along nicely and finished neatly. There was a nice amount of romance and action. A perfect balance.

What I find enjoyable about this particular series is that it doesn’t take me long to get into it. It doesn’t matter how long it’s been since I’ve read the previous book, I can easily slip into that world again. The characters are incredibly easy to connect to. I liked the interactions between Aria and Perry. They have great chemistry and are very believable as a couple. I absolutely adored Roar in this particular book. He’s so likeable. I could easily sympathise with him.

Into The Still Blue did drag at times for me, and this is why I think it wasn’t an epic end to the series. It’s enjoyable enough and a solid dystopian read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally fluent and action packed, 21 July 2014

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant end to a brilliant series., 30 May 2014
it took me a lot longer to read this book than it should have, but that's because I started it at completely the wrong time, a few days before I had work. Its safe to say I was pretty busy, and despite how much I wanted to read the book I just could not find the time. Then when my few days of work were over and I just not be bothered to read, so I'm sorry to say the book with very neglected. However, when I did pick it up and force myself to snap out of the rut I was in I found myself hooked. Dystopian has to be my favourite genre at the moment and some people just really pull it off, Veronica Rossi happens to be on of them. Her ability to build a world is sometimes next to none, the effort she put into developing characters no matter how big are small is inspiring, and where as in all honesty it wasn't my favourite end to a series, I still really enjoyed the book. There wasn't much I didn't like about this book and it was a good finish. Plus you know, with characters like Perry and Roar how could I not like it? haha. Seriously though, in general its a good series, I personally would have liked a few more books as I've grown accustomed to much larger series but that could just be me and that in now way indicates that too much way squished into 3 books, everything was spaced out evenly and got enough attention as it should have.

anyway I'm rambling a bit now. Like I said, it was a good series and if you haven't already read it (I don't know why you would be reading this review if you haven't) I would highly recommend it :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but didn't wow me., 11 May 2014
Jo (London, England) - See all my reviews
I was really looking forward to reading Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi, and I'm happy to say it was an enjoyable end to the series.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; to me, the Under the Never Sky trilogy is like the beach reads of the dystopian genre. They're light, easy reads that you can fly through without much thought. While reading Into the Still Blue, I was halfway through before I knew it. Things get moving quite soon after starting the book, but it's odd, it kind of feels like, in a way, that not much happens. Yet, when looking back, quite a bit does. It's the light easy, flow of the story, like floating in the shallows of the sea and softly being drifted to shore by the waves, it's kind of misleading. I really love the feel of the book, flying through it without much effort, but I considering the various things that happen in the book, I feel it shouldn't have been so easy.

There is action and some quite upsetting moments, and although I was interested in all that was happening, wanting to know the outcome - will they rescue Cinder? Will Cinder survive what he must do, if they do? Will they get to the Still Blue? Will they all survive? Will the Aether get them first? - I wasn't really all that anxious or upset or shocked by anything. Considering the things that happened, the battles and the violence, the race against time, and so forth, I should have been sitting at the edge of my seat urging them to move, desperate for them to survive, and I simply wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, but for the end of a trilogy, for the final book, you expect to feel more. It shouldn't have been a relaxing read, it should have been an exciting, heart pounding thrill of a book. I should have been wowed. And for not being that kind of a book, as it's a final book, it left me a little disappointed. This was ok for the first two books, but I just expected more from a book that wraps everything up.

As I said, it is an enjoyable read, and there was a good, satisfying ending - but again, one that didn't leave me wowed. Fans should definitely read it if they loved the first two, but maybe don't expect fireworks when it comes to emotional involvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Still Blue, 9 May 2014
Kat (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Into the Still Blue was one of my most anticipated 2014 releases. In a year that was awash with Young Adult dystopians, it's one of the few series that I felt so strongly positive about, and even read the first two books back to back - something that sadly happens rarely for me anymore.

One thing that I really wished I had done before starting to read Into the Still Blue was refresh my memory on what had happened in the previous two books as Rossi doesn't include a lot of recap - there are a few, but they weren't enough to jog my memory enough. I can recommend two options for getting back into the swing of the series - the first is to check out the recaps at The Recaptains (my personal method), or take a leaf out of Gillian at Writer of Wrongs' book and BINGE READ ALL THE BOOKS. I was about 20% into Into the Still Blue before I read the recap, and that's what really stopped me from getting right into the story - so if you've got a memory like mine, you know your options. And now, back to the book.

Into the Still Blue picks up shortly after Through the Ever Night ends - Perry, Aria and the gang are holed up in the caves, trying to help the Dwellers acclimatise to life outside and decide on their next move. The aether storms are increasing in intensity, food is running out, and the Tides can't stay in one place forever. Using Soren's skills, the gang break into Sable and Hess's compound and attempt to steal enough ships to transport The Tides to the Still Blue after rescuing Cinder.

The plot moves along quite quickly - there are lots of intense scenes between Aria, Roar, Perry, Sable and Hess, and even during periods of 'down-time', emotions run high and it's easy to get swept away in the storyline.

As in any stressful situation, a lot of the relationships between the key characters become strained - and all of those interactions feel very realistic and intense - and although I've got a soft spot for Roar that is only made stronger in his grief, Aria and Perry's relationship continues to grow as they face tougher and tougher decisions. There are some particularly touching scenes towards the end of the book as they need to make decisions that may not be the best for their relationship but for the greater good of the Tides. I really liked this focus because I felt invested in ALL of the characters, rather than just the romance.

It was the last 25% of Into the Still Blue that really worked for me - and although that's not perhaps the best 'advertising' for the book, it's really a testament for how Rossi built up to the climax of the series. And yes, it's the ending of a trilogy, which is never an easy read - I was actually quite scared of reading this book and seeing how the story concluded.

But if you're feeling hesitant about reading the last book in this series, I can honestly say this is one of the best series endings that I've read for a very long time - the climax is intense and perfectly scripted, the characters really show their true strengths and their bonds with each other, and it's just damn bloody satisfying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible finale!, 7 April 2014
This is the third in the Under The Never Sky trilogy, and it was amazing. A brilliant conclusion to an excellent Young Adult trilogy. Very enjoyable all round. Filled with action, suspense, and romance, it is definitely one of my favourite book series' to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 22 Mar 2014
Another YA series about a possible future. I really enjoyed all 3 books. Great writing and characters. Recommended for any age group

5.0 out of 5 stars Final chapter to a great trilogy, 19 Mar 2014
The last book in the series. The book was easy to read and it was nice for the story to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Mar 2014
I read the first two books last summer and I couldn't wait for this one to be released, it was absolutely amazing! I couldn't put it down as the non stop action and romance was so gripping. I would recommend this series to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent end to a fantastic series, 4 Mar 2014
One of the best things about reading a series late is that you get to avoid all of the angst associated with waiting for the next instalment. The very next day after finishing Through the Ever Night, I dove straight back in to Aria and Perry’s world.

The Third and final instalment of the Under The Never Sky Trilogy was everything that I had hoped it would be. It managed to maintain the energy and pace of the earlier books and develop the story further, while still remaining true to the characters we have grown to love.

I particularly enjoyed the interactions between the “Savages” and “Dwellers” which not only highlighted how far our our protagonists had been changed by their experiences since Under The Never Sky, but also showed them utilising their experiences (particularly those from Through The Ever Night), to aid the unity of their group.

Verdict: An excellent end to a fantastic series!

Into The Still Blue: Number 3 in series (Under the Never Sky)
Into The Still Blue: Number 3 in series (Under the Never Sky) by Veronica Rossi (Paperback - 6 Feb 2014)
7.03