Published 16 months ago by Christine

3.0 out of 5 stars new cover, new twists and a shocking ending
Until I Die, the second book in the die for me series, it took me a while to get through this as the storyline was quite slow paced until literally right towards the end where the main action takes place, I really didnt like the first book as I felt there were so many aspects of it that were done before in other paranormal romances, this was honestly an improvement over...
Published 19 months ago by smcbrum93

5.0 out of 5 stars "The day I stop seeing you as one of the strongest people I know is the day I wake up human.", 20 Dec 2012
oooOOOooohhh how I enjoyed this book! Sometimes book two of a trilogy can be a bit tricky to navigate. We are no longer starting out the story so you don't get the anticipation of all of the firsts that the characters are going to experience and the fun of meeting all of the new people. But then it is also not the final book so we know not everything is going to be wrapped up with a cute little bow.

I thought Until I Die was an excellent middle book. This is the book for gaining information, seeing where the story is going to lead... it did an excellent job and even threw in quite a bit of suspense and action.

I really warmed to Kate in this book. I admitted in my review for Die for Me that she was not my favorite person all of the time. She was so forwards and backwards, I was getting whiplash. But here she really came into her own. In fact I can even say she was pretty kick ass. She is learning to fight with the help of Gaspard and Vincent and she is a natural talent. It has only been a short space of time but I really think she has grown into her character. I won't say I absolutely love her yet but it is getting there.

However Vincent is as loveable as ever, if not more so than in book one. I simply adore him. He is such a gentleman and knows exactly how to take care of Kate. Meaning, he is always there to help her but he doesn't run in to push her aside so he can save the day. Of course he worries about her, because he loves her, but he isn't an over macho alpha male that thinks she can't handle herself. He lets her fight when she needs to and only steps in when she obviously needs help. I really like this about his character. It shows he has grown over his many years because from the age he is actually from it was a very different time and you would think his overall attitude would be different. This just shows how great he is.

Until I Die is ultimately about Kate and Vincent trying to find a way to be together. They are 'together' but they know this is not going to be forever. Vincent is trying to find way to resist the urge to die and in doing this he will be able to age along side Kate. Kate knows this is a lot to ask of him and smartly comes to the conclusion that it is not only her that this would effect. Vincent is a being that saves humans, this is his sole purpose. What if he didn't do the right thing in a moment's notice and that split second meant the person he was to save actually dies. How would she live with this... how would Vincent live with this? Vincent thinks he has found a way to prevent his urges but wants to keep it a secret until he can see if it works. In the time being Kate goes out on her own to search for more answers and to find a way to help their situation.

Pretty much the same cast of characters are still around however there are a couple of new faces, Violette and Arthur. They are old, as in old old. They have joined Vincent's kindred in Paris because the Numa (aka bad guys) have disappeared and they all know that they are up to something. Since these two have been around for so long they have a lot of connections so they have been brought in to see if they can help. From the moment they enter the scene you are trying to guess if they are good, or if they are bad. But... there won't be any spoilers here.

In my review of Die for Me I mentioned the possible love triangle (gasp) between Vincent, Kate and Jules. Again we see more affection from Jules toward Kate but nothing really concrete. However, I have noticed that there is a novella from Jules' POV, Die for Her, that is due out in April 2013. So this would leave me to believe that any big revelations in this department will come out in that novella or in the final book. I do love Jules and I hope that his character is not ruined for me or left unhappy. I really want him to get his own happily ever after.

So, do you know what else a second book in a trilogy is known for? Yep you guessed it. A cliffhanger! And man oh man is this a huge one! I sat there at the end and just stared at the page for a few minutes. In fact I have to say I was on the edge of my seat for the whole of the last 15% - 20%. Again I refuse to put in any spoilers and I even hate voicing my thoughts about certain subjects because I don't want to give anything away or put thoughts in people's minds before they read the series. But I have to say that I really have a strong suspicion about what may ultimately happen in this series and just thinking about it gives me a fresh wave of butterflies... I can't wait to find out how it all ends.

How long do we have to wait you ask? Well, after Jules' novella in April it appears that book three, If I Should Die, is due out on May 7th 2013. So really there isn't that long a wait. Of course I would rather have it here right now to start but since I don't I will just add these two to my trusty book release calendar.

"But now I have something that blows that feeling out of the water. Every time I need a hit of joy, I think about you. You are my solace, Kate. Just knowing that you are in this world, everything makes sense."

Christine
Rainy Day Reads

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely unexpected, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
I am completely head over heals for this series! The world of Revenants has both fascinated and intrigued me. I now wish that I lived in a world with hot undead guys.

In Die For Me, Kate meets Vincent and finds out his most terrifying secret. He is a Revenant - an undead with the duty to help people and die for them. In Until I Die, Kate and Vincent are trying to find a way of being together without Vincent's urge to die for someone. Vincent has to make sacrifices and Kate has to go behind his back to find out information to help him. Can the two really be together? While one grows old and dies, the other has to live for eternity saving those in need.

Before I go on I must say, that is one hell of a cover! Once I held a copy in my hands all I could do was stare in awe. Yes, the beauty does seep into the book and Amy Plum does deliver the sequel we have all been hoping for. In this book, I felt a lot of pain and confusion from the characters. While Vincent is trying to find a way to be with Kate without dying, he also collects a number of dark bruises over his body. Yes, all girlfriends would be worried, right? Kate is feeling that worry and does so much research I thought her head might explode.

The book is packed full of action, mysteries, tension, humour and, of course, romance. To be honest, I would have liked to see a bit more between Vincent and Kate but I guess their situation isn't exactly simple! So, in Until I Die we still have Vincent's words to keep us calm. He is still that charming guy from Die For Me just not in the best condition. His relationship with Kate is heartbreaking. No couple would want to be in the mess that their in. It was extremely interesting to see how they dealt with their problems and disagreements.

I don't want to give too much away about the ending, but I can tell you that it is unexpected and just so UNFAIR. Yes, guys, it's a sad ending! It will also leave you craving the next instalment.

Overall, Until I Die is a very exciting sequel that those who loved Die For Me should get their hands on RIGHT NOW! And if you have never heard of this series before then, please, go to your library/bookstore and start experiencing this bright new world!

5.0 out of 5 stars omg, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
on time but omg to keep you on hold to the next one for me was just 'please god make it good'

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
bought for my 13yr old grandaughter and she loved it along with the other tow in the series would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 26 Jan 2014
I just loved this book so much! At first i was like, i am not going to like this but it just became so addictive i love the whole series, i would recommend it to teen girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely love story, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
After reading the first book of the series, I couldn't wait to start in the second. And I was not disappointed! It's a love story who compel you to keep reading. Can't wait to read the last book in the serie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Becoming my favourite series..., 26 July 2013
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
After reading "Die For Me" I could not wait to get started on "Until I Die".
The book pretty much started from where "Die For Me" left off which I love because I really hate it when there is a gap between the books.
It introduces new characters in the form of Violette and Arthur (although I am sad that you don't see much of Charlotte and Charles). But they do bring something new to the book - and a major twist...
I love that you get to find more out about Revenants and Numa and Vincent's task to try and better himself for Kate. It is such a well-written book and it truly is becoming one of my favourite trilogies!! I cannot wait to get started on "If I Should Die". Definitely a MUST READ for people who love supernatural romance with hints of tension, humour and action. I AM IN LOVE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
Fantastic read have read the whole series now and really enjoyed them all. Will be looking forward to reading more if this authors work

4.0 out of 5 stars You just killed me., 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
I LOVE this series, and from me it says a lot since I usually give up on continuing a line of books unless it really catches me. I haven't read If I Should Die Yet, but it's currently in my TBR pile!
With swoon worthy romance, a beautiful setting, complex characters that actually grow, and I feel at the end of this one Kate has grown a lot since the first, but that ending, ugh! You killed me. Seriously.
Just read it. :)

-KirstyM

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful story line with unexpected twists and turns., 20 May 2013
Antonia Webb (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) (Paperback)
very good book. Some beautifully romantic scenes between Kate and Vincent.

the Traitor was a complete surprising, but upon second reading seems obvious from much earlier on.

very funny and witty, and has some wonderfully ironic passages.

ARRAY(0xa20e8a5c)

Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me)
Until I Die: Number 2 in series (Die for Me) by Amy Plum (Paperback - 3 May 2012)
5.59