5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Supernatural Adventure
'The Rising' is the third book in the 'Darkness Rising' trilogy, the second YA trilogy by Kelley Armstrong. Main character Maya is a shape-shifter, and she and her supernatural friends are forced to go on the run when they realise they've been part of an experiment.

Published 17 months ago by chettsgenie

1.0 out of 5 stars manufacturing Issue
the story is really great , my daughter read this in two days.
Published 14 months ago by andy clayton

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Supernatural Adventure, 6 April 2013

I need to start by saying Armstrong's first YA trilogy 'Darkest Powers' was what made me give the YA genre a try and I was glad I did as her YA books are as good as her adult novels. The characters were brilliant and well developed, the story was solid and action packed. The same can be said for the 'Darkness Rising' books, though I didn't get as invested in the characters until the third book this time and I can't quite put my finger on why.

With the first two books I hadn't been sure about the main character's love interest this time around but as usual Armstrong knows exactly what she's doing with this and I never should have doubted her!

**Potential Spoiler** Look away now if you want a surprise when reading 'The Rising'! The characters from the first trilogy meet up with Maya and her friends in this book! This is something I was hoping would happen and was very happy when it did.

All in all a satisfying supernatural adventure full of great characters. Fingers crossed there's more to come!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Kids, 4 April 2013
As a HUGE fan of Miss Armstrong's Otherworld series I decided to give her YA books a go and as an adult reading them, and keeping in mind the age group they're aimed at, I have to admit that I really enjoyed them. I especially liked the coming together of the two groups (I`m trying to word this very carefully so as not to give too much away) which I`d pretty much guessed would happen but was pleased with nonetheless. I love that characters I know from the Otherworld series are mentioned - it's like catching a glimpse of old friends - and I hope that the ending means we might hear from these guys sometime in the future.
All in all an enjoyable, if a little predictable, read.

5.0 out of 5 stars read all 3, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Rising: Number 3 in series (Darkness Rising) (Paperback)
fantastic writer.have read each and every one of her books and will continue to do so.very happy with my purchase

1.0 out of 5 stars manufacturing Issue, 10 Jun 2013
the story is really great , my daughter read this in two days.
Our problems is that the book is manufactured poorly. Pages stuck together. Blue stripes down the pages. Defects as one page of writing crosses over two pages. To return this to amazon would cost half the price of the book - bit disappointed with this as my daughter likes to keep all her books in pristine condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, 28 Mar 2014
Kelly Armstrong is a great writer and all of her books are fab. They get you engrossed and as the series goes on you really want to read more about the characters lives and the situations the get themselves into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Conclusion, 30 May 2014
A fantastic conclusion to the Darkness Rising trilogy. Brings an end to the journey made by Maya and her friends while leaving open the possibility of future adventures

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg, 8 Jun 2014
Please please please tell me there is going to be a book 4 ... this series is amazing read it like 4 days all three book's deffo recommend to EVERYONE

5.0 out of 5 stars another trilling segment of this series, 8 July 2014
I really enjoy the way Kelley brings you in to the Forrest with this book, I felts surrounded by the trees and the sounds that Maya was seeing, feeling and hearing.

I just wish we had lingers to explore the joining up with the other group and giving in and going to the Cabal complex. But hope that we get to know the, better in the next book

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfying, 2 Jan 2014
A feel good and light hearted read that was a satisfying conclusion to the series. Not as good as the previous books, or as mind-blowing as some Kelley Armstrong novels that I've read, but certainly enjoyable and worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars the rising number 3 in darkness rising book, 21 Dec 2013
pixie2107 (great britain) - See all my reviews
I love this author kelley Armstrong keeps you wanting more and this book is no exception this book is about a young girl called maya delaney who is a skin walker (shape shifter) whose gift comes with a terrible cost. With every transformation she risks loosing a bit of herself her humanity. Maya and her friends are running from people who experimented on the them and who turned them into supernaturals, they must confront their enemies if they are to have a future and learn how to deal with their powers a great read for anyone looking for something thats fast and gripping a good start for teenagers before moving on to her adult books

The Rising: Number 3 in series (Darkness Rising)
The Rising: Number 3 in series (Darkness Rising) by Kelley Armstrong (Paperback - 2 April 2013)
5.59