Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 March 2012
Enjoyed this, I found it gave extra depth to Eclipse and subsequently Breaking Dawn. A lot of people criticise the Saga but it, for myself at least, is a very absorbing story and I found I couldnt put it down. Im not the target audience but thought it was great nonetheless.
on 26 November 2010
Stephanie Meyer herself wrote that if she had written this book before or at the same time as Eclipse, Eclipse would have been written differently. This is an sentiment that I totally agree with. This book gives a whole different take on the 'newborn' vampires, a subject that is, to a large extent, skipped over in the main novels. Bree herself turns out to be not at all the character imparted in Eclipse and very definitely the victim of events beyond her control. Whilst by no means an Angel she is equally not a self created monster, although that would be a fine distinction to make were you to have met her down a dark alley!!

Chicken or egg? I cannot make up my mind if, with the benefit of hindsight, I would have chosen to read this book before or after Eclipse. Does anyone have a view on this?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2010
This book as it names suggests is short but is great and is a must for all Twilight Fans.
on 2 August 2010
Love all the Twilight books, this was good how it showed a different side to the story :D
on 20 September 2010
This series runs on and cannot wait to get onto next book whilst not wanting the end.
on 27 March 2016
Good
on 20 November 2015
good
on 1 January 2011
Contrary to what others and certailny me thought this book did not ruin the twilight saga but improved it by giving different side to the eclipse story. Even though the book is very short conpared to the other twilight novels while reading this book I felt I got to know Bree almost as well as I got to know Bella throughout the four twilight books. I think that it was easier to get to know Bree than Bella because Bree was scared at the new world in which she found herself. I also found myself falling in love with Diego just as Bree does. A brilliant read, I would recommend this book to any twilight fans or any vampire book lovers.
on 10 March 2011
I`m a huge Twilight fan, an d couldn`t wait to read this book! I wasn`t disappointed, it gave an interesting insight of the world of newborn vampires, making it an enjoyable companion book to the twilight novels. I especially liked that Stephenie Meyer chose what seems to be a very minor, possibly even insignificant character from Eclipse to use as the narrator of this story.
The only issue I had with this book was the lack of chapters which would have been a weclome addition (for me anyway!). But overall a very enjoyable read.
on 17 December 2014