5.0 out of 5 stars A must read before you move

3.0 out of 5 stars living and working in britain
Published on 2 May 2012 by min

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read before you move, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Living & Working in Britain (Paperback)
I was considering the possibility of moving to Great Britain quite for some time. And like many expats-to-be was idealizing the experience in my imagination. After reading this book I see things much more realistically, so I think I will consider other countries before making the final decision. It is great to have an opportunity to explore real life abroad before actually getting there and "Living and working in Britain" has helped me immensely. I'm eager to read other books from this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars living and working in britain, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Living & Working in Britain (Paperback)
If anyone is considering or will be moving to Britain this is a very good book to read! Loads of information about most important things to consider. My only remark would be that on a similar book written for people moving to France includes a little more specific information on the different counties/areas...I would recommend this to be included, since specific information such as job prospects, good schools etc on each area (like Devon or cornwall)would be great...it helps to decide or explore the advantages of moving to one area as opposed to another.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the lot, 6 Mar 2012
Bernard Brooks (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living & Working in Britain (Paperback)
Bought this book for a mate who's coming to work here with his family. Having looked at the alternatives, including 'official' stuff from the British Council (which is aimed mostly at overseas students), I was rather downhearted. Almost everything available was woefully out-of-date and many publications were aimed at people wanting to pass those rote-learning tests that grant citizenship. Bill Bryson's 'Notes from a small island' was fun, but nearly 20 years out of date. We've changed a lot in that time.

This particular book, however, is great: up-to-date, comprehensive and thoroughly practical. I learnt a bit too.

This is the must-have guide for any non-Brit coming to our sceptered isle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and fun to read, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Living & Working in Britain (Paperback)
As a British citizen with the task of sharing something of British culture with international students with good English, sections in this book lend themselves to lively discussion topics and comparisons between cultures.

It is also fun as well.

A good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for good start, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Living & Working in Britain (Paperback)
I've got the book when i moved to uk and it was a great help for my adptation process. It brings a lot of useful info about the day by dy business and mindset of british people. I recomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers most of your needs if relocating, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Living & Working in Britain (Paperback)
Excellent book covers a lot of areas if you are considering living in the UK and want a good overview.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and very helpful, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: Living & Working in Britain (Paperback)
A very good book to get basic information about Great Britain. It helped me getting up-to-speed and to build a understanding of how everything works in the country. I can definetely recommend every foreigner moving to GB to invest in this book.

Living & Working in Britain
Living & Working in Britain by David Hampshire (Paperback - 1 Dec 2011)
11.16