on 2 November 2010
I found this book in my local library and am pleased to say it is one I will propably buy! I am a cake decorator and have been looking for simple yet effective ways to add new cake flavours to my work and to try the popular fashion of the moment that is cupcakes. The recipes are wonderful, some great simple ones like vanilla, which I have just made today,through to more elegant and unique recipes such as pina colada and after eight mint! The book itself is attrative too. Enjoyable to browse through and gives lots of inspiration.They are easy enough recipes that adapt to your own ideas too...and that is why I love this book.I will be trying the recipes in my 8 inch cake tin and seeing how they turn out!
VINE VOICEon 7 December 2010
I only recently in my middle age started trying my hand at baking- starting with muffins, few cupcakes etc. However I soon found it becomeing a rather mouthwatering addiction. As my confidence has grown so has my desire to make bigger, better more unusal cakes.
My library now aches with cake books but sadly so many of them seem repatitive, are hard to make or promise more than they deliver. However Cupcakes from the heart transformed all that and I must say is the best cupcake book I own. The presentaion of the book- pink with glittery writing and yummy photos of all the cakes makes you want to hig it & read it. The cakes range from the normal vanillia, chocolate to the really unusal ( cocktail cupcakes ! breakfast cupcakes, retro cupcakes ) you just want to run into the kitchen and bake them .
Its been a long time since I have been so inspired. With about 52 recipes it offers everything you need .
Everything about this book really does echo the feeling of Love- done from the heart.
The recipes are easy to follow and also suitable for beginners through to advanced bakers. With a section about " adding the love ", how to add that specail something to each cake. Whats more is not just small cupcakes- there is a section on the latest extrs large cupcakes ,love pops, whoopie pies and the fantastic Donut cake.
Plus all the cakes I have made have tasted fantastic and been so easy to make, no over the top ingredients.
I dont think I will ever tire of this book, and neither will my friends !
So if there is only one cupcake book you buy it must be this one- I have martha, primrose ,101 etc - but this wins my heart. So buy it- just buy it and if you have friends who love cupcakes buy it for them. It just offers something so different it wshould have a place in everyones kitchen- you will soon Love Love bakery- thanks for this book.
on 18 October 2010
very straight forward recipes,I have had 100% success each time and really enjoyed all the ideas for making the cup cakes look amazing, in spite of being a very hit and miss cook! My son was impressed and not convinced I hadn't bought them!
on 7 November 2010
This book has a terrific collection of cupcake recipes and ideas that would bring much joy to anyone who loves baking.

The recipes in this book range from the traditional vanilla to the downright funny adventurous recipes like fizzy whizzy cupcakes (popping candy that is folded into the frosting) that any kid or `big kid at heart' would adore.

The cupcake recipes are split into sections with love playing the key theme:
Love favourites: vanilla cupcakes, lemon cupcakes, rose cupcakes
Love cake for breakfast: mocha cupcakes, greek yoghurt and honey cupcakes, gluten-free cupcakes
Love fruit: mango strawberry cupcakes, banana cupcakes, raspberry coconut cupcakes
Love afternoon tea: earl grey cupcakes, English whoopee pies, lemon curd mascarpone cupcakes
Love retro: boy's own cupcakes, black forest gateau cupcakes, toffee apple cupcakes
Love being a (big) kid: fizzy whizzy cupcakes, love pops, you donut
Love cuptails: margarita cuptails, strawberry daiquiri cuptails, pina colada cuptails
... and more love cupcakes that you can muster as the recipes in this book would definitely cater for any celebration, craving, mood or self- indulgent moment.

The other things that I liked about this book are;
The recipes are backed with delish photographs of the cupcakes
Each recipe is well laid out and informative - how many cupcakes it makes, what equipment you will need, what you will need for the cake, frosting and for the `love' optional things like sugar paste flowers or edible dust, sprinkles
Templates - for sugar-paste decorations, gift tags

This book will be keeping me busy as I have just started to work my way through the recipes that I want to bake. It looks as though my family, friends, work colleagues and neighbours will be enjoying the fruits of my baking.
on 26 October 2010
Just cannot believe how much I've enjoyed making some of the recipes from this simply gorgeous book! I am now a complete cupcake fanatic and having such a beautiful book to inspire me is like a dream come true.
on 19 October 2010
What a fantastic book! Really clear step by step instructions that I found very easy to follow. Great photos with extra hints and tips. I love the glitter and sparkle - and the sparkly cover looks amazing too!
on 20 January 2012
This book has restored my faith in cupcakes ! After an absolute nightmare with a Hummingbird Red Velvet recipe that tasted vile and had to get thrown in the bin I almost gave up on my mission to become a cupcaker. When I was looking around for a book I sneakily cooked the vanilla cupcake recipe that appears in the 'look inside' pages - (thank you Amazon !) - and they worked a treat so I went ahead and purchased.

Vanilla, Lemon and Chocolate batches later I can honestly say the cakes are wonderful. Totally uncomplicated methods. And I really like the way that she doesnt cover them in heaps and heaps of icing. The frosting quantities are on the small side - but I like that - it creates a much more balanced product than some I have tasted - still enables you to taste and enjoy the actual cake. There isnt any detail about decoration in terms of instruction on how to pipe etc - luckily I have a catering background so didnt find it too daunting. If youre stuck just go to youtube and there are oodles of vids there to help with creating swirls, roses etc. And the pictures throughout the book give lots of ideas on sprinkles, sugar paste cutouts etc.

If you only buy one cupcake book - make it this one. I may even try the red velvet recipe !!
on 8 October 2010
This is the ultimate feel-good baking book! It is great to look at and easy to use, but above all it is fun and imaginative, full of fantastic ideas which are really not difficult to do at home. One of the best things about Love Bakery is that they only use equipment that anyone would have at home: domestic ovens, normal sized baking trays, shape cutters for decorations - oh and lots of spray-on edible glitter! So you know from the start that you really can make any of these recipes and make your cakes look as good as these. You can dip in and out and pick up tips for adding that extra little bit of creative sparkle, whether it's for a birthday, a teatime treat, a lunchbox, a special occasion or a lazy Sunday brunch. These cupcakes make great gifts - and so does the book! I have given three copies away to girlfriends during the past week and they have all loved not just the recipes but the moodboards and ideas for decorations and presentation too. The big favourites in our house so far are the Oreo cupcakes and the Blueberry Burst, but my son has already demanded the giant doughnut for his birthday...
on 27 October 2010
This is a fabulous book, full of great recipes, and all the cakes I've made so far (a lot!) have been excellent - they're both so lovely to look at and to eat. The texture is wonderful! Loved the 'You Donut' and the `Love Pops' recipes - they have gone down a treat at parties! I'm looking forward to making the Christmas Cupcake too! The book is packed with great photographs and there are some templates for making gift tags which is useful, should you want to make a little present of cupcakes or Love Pops for your loved ones, and sign them off with lots of love!
on 30 November 2010
I ordered five cup cake books and this one stood out as the best for innovative ideas, flavours, excellent presentation and clear instructions - I sent the rest straight back. This one had lots of different recipes, not merely a basic one with different toppings.