5.0 out of 5 stars great for beginners
I am just learning to knit and this book is great, some of the designs may be a little too wacky but the step by step illustrations are brilliant along with a glossary of what all the stitch abbreviations stand for. A great book that can be used as a referance guide.
Published 19 months ago by tweety pie

3.0 out of 5 stars Wacky Doggy Knits
Wacky Doggy Knits
I have a rescued racer greyhound, he feels the cold and I've got loads of knitting wool. So I bought this book hoping that there would be something suitable in it for me to make for my dog.
Published 23 months ago by Puddley

3.0 out of 5 stars Wacky Doggy Knits, 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: Wacky Doggy Knits: 10 Original Patterns for Your Style-Conscious Dog (Paperback)
Wacky Doggy Knits
The book is nicely laid out and has colourful images of each patern, the directions are clear and the patterns are easy to follow, there is a glossary of stitches and techniques used. A first time knitter would probably be able to knit at least one of the patterns.

each one gives different amounts of stitches for different sizes.
If you look at the picture of a particular dog wearing an example of the article you can guess at the size for that dog.
The book failed to entice me to knit anthing in it for my dog because it has one major flaw, nowhere in the book does it give any actual measurements for the different sizes. I thimk youu are just supposed to guess what size the patterns will turn out. I was disappointed to say the least.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you want funny clothes for your fury friend., 16 Feb 2011
amanda boschat (jersey, channel islands) - See all my reviews
I bought this book along with two others to see what it was like well quite a lot of the patterns are very wacky and i think no one in their right mind would take their dog out in them but you can modify the patterns or only knit part of the pattern so that it is not so wacky. This book is very good for one thing it really shows you in great detail how to do all the different stitches in writing and in pictures so it is well worth it just for that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good as a picture book - useless to knit!, 25 Feb 2014
I couldn't agree more about the sizings! I loved the pics & was really excited to get started - then looked more closely at the patterns. The 3 different sizes don't begin to cover the differences in dog sizes - and there's no guide at all as to what sizes these 3 options represent. Like another reviewer, I have a greyhound - he's huge with a typical deep-barrelled chest. I can usually adapt patterns to him but not these as I have no idea what the basic sizes represent.
What amazes me is the book actually goes to the bother of teaching readers how to knit (though I can't imagine any beginner would buy this book!) - a complete waste of space, space which could have been used to advise how to adjust the sizes. If it wasn't too late, I'd be asking for a refund as this book is totally useless to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for beginners, 10 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Funny!

3.0 out of 5 stars colourful clear instructions, 19 Mar 2014
Disapointed with this book, half of it has instructions on how to knit & follow patterns! The dog clothes are very wacky - not your average dog jumper!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 1 Mar 2014
Mrs. C. Worby (UK) - See all my reviews
Cute little outfits, knitted a couple and they are fine. I would recommend this book. Price is good too what more can I say

1.0 out of 5 stars How to make your dog look really stupid, 27 Feb 2014
How to make your dog look really stupid. The styles in this book are just ridiculous. What a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 16 Jan 2014
Really good, that patterns are easy and so different and don't cost a fortune to make. My two Jack Russell girls will look absolutely gorgeous.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed??, 16 Sep 2013
Chose this book to get the basics so I can make a Father Christmas outfit for my sons Labrador hoping it would have large dog patterns. Only has one for a cardigan so pretty disappointed as most are for small dogs and it doesn't give any sizes apart from tension. They really are very wacky designs and not very practical especially the hats and sunflower outfit and take a lot of work to knit. Ok for a bit of fun I guess??

Wacky Doggy Knits: 10 Original Patterns for Your Style-Conscious Dog