5.0 out of 5 stars robo-riffic, 6 Jun 2011
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
I bought this book for my girlfriend as she enjoys to crochet and likes all things cute. She loves this book and I, having skimmed through it have to agree that the little robots in this book are indeed adorable, i especially like the robot zombie and my girlfriend is currently in the process of crocheting him for me.

The instructions are easy to use and there is even a section at the beginning that explains the basic fundamentals of crochet. My girlfriend advises that this book maybe a bit hard for complete beginners but to have a go anyway since you'll end up with your own unique little robot friend and have the satisfaction of knowing you made him or her, and I think they would make great personalized gifts for people as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars An english crochet book, 27 May 2010
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
I pre-ordered this book so that I could buy the book off Amazon itself. When the book was realised, it came in the post shortly afterwards. I love all the little projects you can make in it. The range of things to make is wide from zombiebots to girlybots. There is a bit at the beginning teaching you how to crochet too if you're an absolute beginner. I couldn't say though if these were good instructions as I already knew how to crochet from my Nana!

My only gripe about the book is that this book is in 'english crochet'. What I mean is that american and english have slightly different ways of calling the stitches and as I learnt to read american patterns, I did get a bit confused at first. Once you get the translation out of the way though it's fine and I have no troubles at all.

A fun little book to buy if you want to move away from traditional crochet and make unique and quirky things instead!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Crochet book, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
This book has a lot of really fun Amigurumi to crochet. I am fairly new to crochet and I was totally new to amigurumi, but I found the patterns really easy to follow and the project I have done so far have come out really well

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
I wanted to start making crocheted figures and this book was just what I was looking for - the instructions are clear and there are lovely pictures - I really enjoyed the creations in it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
I'd buy this just for pics lol they are gorgeous and we are having great time making them but everytime we do someone wants it

5.0 out of 5 stars Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
My grandson loves the characters in this book and has had several made for him by his mum. An excellent book. would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun and simple to understand!, 28 Jan 2012
S. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
This book has some great ideas for crochet robots. There are plenty of varying designs and they are sorted into difficulty rating. I have only been crocheting for a few weeks but managed to understand the instructions easily. My six-year old thumbs through the book every few days, telling me which one he wants me to make him next - so not just a hit for me, the results are a big hit for kids too!

5.0 out of 5 stars cute and easy patterns, 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
The patterns in this book are incredibly cute. I especially like the ninja, the zombie and the mouse.

At first I got the patterns a little confused. As with most people, I learned with american crochet terms (slst, sc, hdc, dc etc) and not English terms (sc, dc, htc, tc etc). I assumed that these patterns were in American as I saw the term slip stitch used a lot. This is generally an american term, denoted in English by single crochet (sc), however I have seen this convention in a few other books since. There is a section explaining the stitches at the beginning so it's always worth checking as they vary between books.

So far I have just made the ninja. I decided to omit his neck and sew the head straight on the body, and I must say it looks a lot cuter. It was very quick and easy to make (about 2 hours). The stick attached to his back makes him stand up so it makes a perfect desk buddy, I'm never sure what to do with the ones that can't stand up.

Overall a good book with some interesting patterns. The instructions are easy to follow (although possibly unconventional) and you will likely result in something that looks just like the picture in the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book - great projects, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
I bought this book for my mother who is a keen crocheter and lover of anything robot! With this in mind I instantly know this book would be a instant hit and it hasn't dissapointed. Lovely projects, great photography and explanations. Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars amigurami, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make (Paperback)
Great pictures of robots etc. I made one, the pattern was clear and easy to follow. Result was good, approx 2" tall and now hangs from my sons school bag. Beware there are quite alot of small pieces which can be fiddly and hurt my hands.

Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make
Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make by Nelly Pailloux (Paperback - 12 April 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available