5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book
This is a beautiful book full of thought, knowledge and beautiful images. If you want to know more about the University of Cambridge Botanic Garden, cutting edge plant science, world class architecture and exemplary art, I cannot recommend this book more highly.
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by Gilmore

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty batch
Published on 17 Oct 2012 by a person

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty batch, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Sainsbury Laboratory: Science, Architecture, Art (Hardcover)
This came shrink wrapped but the DVD was scratched and marked. The DVD was attached to the cover as it should have been and I definitely did not use excessive force to remove the disc. I complained to Amazon and was refunded, and a replacement was sent out. I have just received it. Again, the shrink wrap was intact and everything appeared fine until inspection of the DVD, which again is scratched and will not play.
I would really like to keep this book but I want it with the DVD. I have a feeling this is a batch problem and that repeating the steps of replacement with Amazon will present the same problem. I have written directly now to Black Dog Publishing to inquire if I could have an unscratched disc sent out to me. If I hear back from them and manage to get a replacement, I'll update here. Otherwise, be warned, if you're buying this from Amazon the chances are you too will receive a badly damaged accompanying DVD. (Nowhere on this page does it say this book comes with a DVD, but it does. The blurb on the back cover details the DVD. I'm not sure why Amazon don't mention it at all).

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 16 Feb 2012

The Sainsbury Laboratory: Science, Architecture, Art
The Sainsbury Laboratory: Science, Architecture, Art by Stephen Day (Hardcover - 15 Oct 2011)