5.0 out of 5 stars If you never buy another book on drawing....
I put off buying this book because I couldnt see inside on Amazon, but I had heard great things about Mick Maslen and decided to go ahead and buy it. I think beginners would enjoy this book but it has a lot to offer to professional artists too. The exercises are current and relevant to contemporary drawing practice, but very accessible to anyone who can hold a pencil...
Published on 8 Feb 2012 by bookworm

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 4 months ago by Maggy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Inspiring and creative approaches to drawing, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Drawing Projects: An Exploration of the Language of Drawing (Paperback)
Love this book. It's immaculately presented and inspiring projects for both artists and art teachers, I would absolutely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Amazing Drawing Book Ever, 13 Dec 2013
H. Davies (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This book is The Most Amazing Drawing Book Ever!!! I was completely overwhelmed by the power, mystery and magic of this book. It put tingles up & down my spine going through it's pages, it shook me up, it overwhelmed me, it was like the most inspiring beautiful poem, your most loved song. Thank you so much to the 2 guys who wrote it, and the amazing artists that they interviewed. If you want your drawings to be able to go on flights of beatifullness or extremeness - then this is the book for you. It liberated my soul I was able to access again the sort of art that really makes me glad to be alive. This book is not for the fainthearted - you have to be quite courageous at times and just let your pencil, pen etc fly - but you have this explained to you. Sometimes then you achieve drawings that can amaze you - where did they come from and was it you that did them???

5.0 out of 5 stars Visual Delight, 8 Dec 2013
A book for both budding artists or those interested in the art of drawing.
Excellent examples through out - wide range of drawing practice including 'outside the box' drawings.

Interesting and insightful interviews with established artists. Useful practical activities to work through to develop your own skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars drawing projects, 17 Nov 2013
What a lovely helpful and inspiring book, have tried a couple of the projects already and found them helpful in the course I'm studying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 11 Nov 2013
This book is a must for my course work. Brilliant. As soon as my tutor showed it in class I knew I had to have it. It gets you thinking outside the box.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawing Projects, 15 Feb 2013
Everyone who seriously wants to improve their drawing and make it really expressive should work their way through this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawing Projects - Mick Maslen, 8 Feb 2013
Excellent layout, contemporary section very informative as well as practical explorations. As a current practitioner it made me rethink my work and experiment

4.0 out of 5 stars Drawing projects, 29 July 2012
Have now read the book and have learned a great deal. I will put the tips into practice during my next drawings and pen and wash studies. I think that this book will prove invaluable for future reference, and for dipping into for a mind expanding read at any time.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 19 May 2013
I rated this book so well because it help me look at other ways of drawing and gave me inspiration for my own art work

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Mar 2014
Yet another example of talentless art tutors hiding out with a comfortable sinecure. I was very disappointed with this book. It offers the serious student of draughtsmanship little in the way of practical guidance, and the work shown is certainly very "contemporary" but is ugly, unattractive unappealing and amateurish. If you are looking for some serious instruction on drawing techniques go to Juliette Aristedes Classical Drawing Atelier. This Drawing Projects book might be worth browsing to see what is currently being lauded in our art college circuits as being of merit, and it does offer a breadth of different examples of work, but it it is lightweight and ultimately disappointing.

Drawing Projects: An Exploration of the Language of Drawing
Drawing Projects: An Exploration of the Language of Drawing by Jack Southern (Paperback - 20 July 2011)
19.80
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available