Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 29 October 2010
I heard Geoff Burch speak at the UK Business Book Festival in Bournemouth, I'd never heard of him before but he was funny, insightful and very inspiring. He isn't half as famous as he should be in business circles - Stephen Covey, Guy Kawasaki, Keith Blanchard - they're not a patch on Geoff Burch.

I went away and bought his book and it feels to me that I've been waiting for these lessons to be explained to me in this way for a long time. I've been put off by the word 'selling' but I love the art of persuasion - and that's all I have to do to make my business a success - persuade. Geoff's got a great sense of humour and he's got a nice line in rejecting tired old sales techniques but acknowledging their enduring value. Beneath the laconic style, there is a lot of psychology and years of experience. It's simple to read, the key lessons are spelt out at the end of each chapter and the value of persistence, questions and controlled confrontation is emphasised.

When I'm a millionaire, I'm going to go round to Geoff's house and say thank you.
on 30 September 2013
Has been passed around my colleagues - brill - and thanks for quick delivery and such a reasonable price Brill
on 2 January 2016
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! Definitely would recommend. It has to be yours if you are interested to educate yourself. Loved other books by this author as well...definitely wotrh it
on 19 April 2016
If you are looking to get your product past the gatekeeper and in front of the person you need to speak to then Burch's book will get you a very long way towards that
on 22 July 2010
Followers of business guru Geoff Burch will love his new book. In Irresistible Persuasion, Geoff tells it exactly "how it is". Like him, I agree there's far too many woolly motivational books for the inexperienced salesperson or businessman. In this carefully constructed book, Geoff explains how the "route map" to sales and business success should be followed. There's no "sun'll come out tomorrow" style of positive thinking, as Geoff puts it early on, just a straight forward guide to getting what you want. He doesn't say BE POSITIVE, he simply explains that you mustn't be negative. That's music to the ears of pragmatists like me. For the aspiring sales exec. there's plenty to learn about Geoff's views on cold calling, the old sales aid A.I.D.A. and the secrets of persuasion which includes a bit about showbusiness! Yes, showbusiness - you see every time you sell something, you perform. Make sense? Of course it does.
on 4 July 2012
The title and the synopsis of this book *is* compelling but I got half way through and wondered why I had struggled so much with it. The anecdotes are mildy funny but overall I found ti quite a boring read and more importantly nothing insightful as the title suggests.

If you have *no* sales training at all then you might find this book of use, otherwise the coverage of determining you are speaking to the right person (qualifying a lead/prospect), asking open questions and keeping your mouth shut are all techniques you will find any basic sales training manual or course. I was hoping for more of an insight into establishing rapport, perhaps even bordering on some NLP techniques for using embedded commands, verbal and non verbal gesturing, but no this material is about as basic and dated as it gets.

Sorry, I'm sure he's a nice guy but the content is basic and certainly not 'secret'
on 17 October 2010
If you are looking for a straightforward guide to selling your services and want to achieve success this book is a good starting point. It is written without the usual marketing jargon by someone who has a passion for his business and to encourage others to be successful. I have rarely come across such value for money.
on 27 September 2010
Having seen Geoff Burch live a few years ago, I have been an avid reader of his books as the delivery of his business mantras set him head and shoulders ahead of the competition and are also incredibly funny.

I was a little concerned that the whole "persuasion" thing had been done to death by business authors and hoped that Burch had not started to stray from his unique style which made me a fan in the first place. I needn't have worried as this book is, yet again, fantastic. It goes beyond business and can be applied to all aspects of life in the 21st century and allow you to take a different look at life in the rat race and maybe give you the edge that everyone is seeking. If not, it will still provide you with a very entertaining read.

I would highly recommend this book and would rank it up there with Way of the Dog and Go It Alone as my favourite Burch books.
on 25 July 2010
Initially I was very keen to read this book, as i went through it became clear that it was literally a rehashing of old sales ideas. The authors admits on several occasions that this is effectively what he is doing. But why not? as the old pressure selling ways worked! I really don't see why you might read this booked as opposed to an older book dealing with this method of selling.

Although i think the author has a nice way of describing things and is certainly engaging, ultimately I don't think this book delivers the goods. You certainly will not be irresistably persuasive after reading this.. but you might make a few quid selling double glazing.
on 21 September 2010
Geoff Burch has a wonderful ability to tell you how to do it without being pompous and always with warmth, humour and a really good story. I think that is what makes his advice so memorable - you remember the story and therefore its message.

I thoroughly recommend this book for anyone who needs to learn the art of persuasion in their working / business life - ie everyone.