5.0 out of 5 stars How to Avoid Property Tax
This book really has been indispensable for us over the last few months. My husband and I made the decision last year to buy several properties, with the hope that eventually these would provide a good income when we retire. After seeking some advice we went ahead but neither of us knew much about the tax side of things.
How to Avoid Property Tax has helped us out...
Published on 26 Sep 2005 by Angela Stevenson

Published on 2 Sep 2010 by Ian Ringrose

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Avoid Property Tax, 26 Sep 2005
How to Avoid Property Tax has helped us out on so many different matters, and must have saved us a fortune already in consultancy fees and tax. Particularly useful, I found, was the large amount of information explaining all the expenses we can claim against our tax - the list is huge.
Thankfully we have now got all our affairs under control, and running smoothly. We are considering venturing into commercial property to a limited extent, and again this book has proven hugely helpful.
It really does come very highly recommended, due to the wide range of tax issues covered and the high level of detail the author has crammed into each chapter. It is very well written and easy to understand - which is always good for people like me who have no prior experience in these matters!
Many Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand tax advice, great book., 4 July 2006
I don't usually write reviews but feel compelled to write one about this fantastic book.

Apart from being the only tax book I've read that's written in plain English, just one small tip in the capital gains tax section has saved me a stack of money - 8,000 to be precise. Every property investor should have this little gem on their bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fasinating read, 19 Nov 2004
A property investor friend told me about How to Avoid Property by Carl Bayley so I decided to buy a copy for myself.
I must say this book's certainly worth every penny. It has lots of clear advice on how to pay less income tax and capital gains tax on your property investments and tells you precisely what you can and cannot do.
It's also easy to read with lots of clear examples which makes a change from other tax books!

3.0 out of 5 stars There are many editions of this book list on Amazon be careful you get the latest edition., 2 Sep 2010
Ian Ringrose (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic book for property investors and landlords, 17 Aug 2006
Having been in the business for many years, I must say that this is the best book on the subject I have come across so far. It is full of useful tips and strategies and I can honestly say it has saved me a small fortune in tax this year. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Clear and Well Explained, 7 Oct 2010
If you want to understand property tax, don't get the small guides or try to follow what they say in the money pages of the newspapers. You need to get this - a proper book that goes into some depth.
It's an absolutely superb book and Mr Bayley does a great job of explaining the highways and byways of the tax system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, well written and up-to-date!, 16 Jan 2008
This is an impressive guide, especially as it contains the recent prebudget capital gains changes which weren't found in any other books! It provides a very good in-sight into capital gains and clearly outlines what you can do to cut down on the amount of tax you need to pay. It really is a must if you plan on buying or selling your property.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and helpful read, 4 Dec 2006
I cannot over emphasise how good this book is. It is both very interesting and extremely enlightening if you're just getting into property investment or development or if you're thinking of letting out your own house. A must-have book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date!, 6 July 2013
It wasn't clear when I ordered this book that the information inside it was out of date, suggest its more clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but check the edition, 23 Mar 2012
As per the title, a good book full of interesting points and great ideas. Vital to get the latest verison though as I've just purchased an older edition for the same price as the newer edition. Whoops!

How to Avoid Property Tax
How to Avoid Property Tax by Carl Bayley (Paperback - 7 Sep 2009)
Used & New from: 0.01