Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 August 2012
I fell in love with these guides after years of using Lonely Planet.

They are so easy to get used to and also I found that the places recommended are different than the ones LP recommends and are jam packed with tourists, rendering a last minute reservation next to impossible.
Will buy FP guides again.
on 28 January 2014
Good in all respects but could have been easier to read. The print is small.
It met all our demands and provided good advance details.
on 28 December 2014
Lots of great concentrated advice. Just what I needed - not having to rely on Lonely Lying Planet.
on 28 October 2015
Did me proud through Central America, would never rely on this, more a backup when you're stood in a town realising you've not booked somewhere to stay
on 11 November 2013
I judge this to be the best available guide to the whole of Central America - the alternatives being too preoccupied with people wanting to slum it. The style is similar to that of the South American Handbook, concentrating on information more than glossy pictures.
on 15 October 2015
Traveled to Central America in 2015. Most of the information (restaurants, hotels & transports) are out of date unfortunately - I had to rely most of the time on Internet (Wikitravel & TripAdvisor). Some places mentioned on this guide simply doesn't exist any more - frustrating experience!
General tourist information's section is ok. Suggested itineraries' section is really good.
Personal tip: I would skip Suchitoto in El Salvador - doesn't really worth.
I would recommend you to buy a more recent edition of this book (published in Oct. 2015) - this edition is really too old in my opinion (2011).
The really good point compared to other travel guide is the SIZE + WEIGHT + AMOUNT OF INFORMATION.
on 17 June 2016