Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2010
I bought this colouring book for my 4 year old girls at the same time I bought The Boys' Colouring Book for my son. Both feature about 62 colouring pages on good quality paper. The illustrations are varied. The pictures in the girls book focus heavily on fashion items (shoes, hats, bags, boots etc.), food items (ice creams, cupcakes, sweets, fruit) and toys with the odd butterfly, bird, shell etc. The illustrations are good and my four year old girls love carefully colouring in the pictures. My reason for giving it only 4 stars out of 5 is the absence of the pictures my girls looked for in it - no fairies, princesses, people, animals, flowers or horses. They do like the book but would have liked it better for the odd animal, flower, fairy or person to colour in. Their absence in the book was noted and remarked upon. They still go back to their other colouring books regularly. But I can't fault the quality of this book - higher than I expected with good quality printing/paper. For comparison The Boys' Colouring Book is excellent and my son is thrilled with it and has no interest in any other colouring book while that one is unfinished.
Like others in this series, this is a lovely colouring book for a slightly older child - the pictures are quite detailed, so it is not really appropriate for children who cannot colour between the lines just yet. Ideal to keep little girls amused, this features pictures that are aimed to appeal to them, with Russian dolls, jars of sweets, shoes, toys, handbags, sea-shells, butterflies and pretty patterns. There are lots of pictures to colour and this is sure to be popular, with girls of approx 5+. Buster Books also have many other books in the range which will be enjoyed by both boys and girls, whatever their interests.
on 13 May 2011
I bought this for my grand-daughter who is 3 and a half years old and loves coloring in! I thought it wonderful, her mother thinks so too but more importantly the child absolutely loves it. It's a first class book.
on 1 January 2010
Bought this colouring book for my niece aged 5 (and the Boys one for my nephew aged 7) for Christmas and they absolutely love these books! Hours and hours of colouring already done and so much still to do. Has kept them both entertained for lengthly periods of time and their mum is most thankful! Wide range of pictures and fun for the whole family
on 27 December 2014
Good, thick book but the pictures themself arent to my taste. They are moslty of lady things and my daughter is more into child like things- animals, cars, trains etc.
on 28 October 2013
Bought as a gift for a friend, have others in the same range for my son. Colour does not seep through to the next page like other colouring books do.
on 12 March 2011
What a lovely colouring book this is, so much detail to colour and a very good quality paper even for felt tip pens.
on 20 August 2010
Such a lovely colouring book, with pictures which will appeal to older girls as well as younger ones. My seven year old daughter loved it, and I (33 years old) got a great deal of pleasure from colouring in pictures of cakes, Russian dolls and stylised birds. We took it on a camping holiday where it proved very popular with the female under 10 population - at one point I counted six girls crowded round it helping my daughter to colour in. Absolutely gorgeous.
on 16 September 2010
Bought the boys version for my son who is 6, he loved it. Bought the girls for a party gift. Both are nice quality paper with great pictures that aren't too babyish.
on 23 March 2015
hassle free transaction
reasonable price
lots of interesting designs / pictures whatever you want to call them from abstracts to butterflies to birthday cakes dresses cars etc all done as if free hand outlines.

I'm not sure they could be filled in with water colours as the paper feels like it might be very absorbent - but then not knowing a jot about water colours I'm not really qualified to say for sure.
What I DO know is they are ideal for pencil crayons and wax crayons.
Also they are not too intricate to be impossible to do but some are detailed enough to be very impressive. but NONE are too difficult. This was especially important. whilst the age range would be ideal for young 'uns these pictures/designs are easy enough and big enough for less well abled adults i.e. people with challenges to their abilities. They are also a big enough page to have a complete picture but they are not so big as to be off putting.

It would be nice id the pages were perforated to enable easy removal. on the other hand it might be nice to keep as a collection of a hobby from youth. In our case we remove a page at a time to make working on it easier than if still in the book. As you can see younger stronger hands might be able to cope with the book as a whole but less abled people find it easier to work on individual sheets. This might be the way to go if trying water colours.

ACID TEST: would I buy again/recommend - yes