Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 November 2010
While I understand that the previous reviewer is disappointed that they bought the wrong product, the "look inside" function and the term "doodles" should have been enough of a clue that this is designed for younger people!

WIth that in mind, I wanted to balance up the rating a little because this is another brilliant colouring book in a hugely popular range of new style colouring books for children. My eldest child is now 10 and really enjoys dipping into this book for a bit of colouring. At the age where they are beyond just wanting to colour between the lines of someone else's basic line drawing and yet sometimes intimidated by a blank page, this book is perfect. It gives enough of a starting point and an idea for children to latch on to and really get involved in their artwork. After owning many in this series, this is one for the slightly older child perhaps, enjoyed more by my 10 yr old than my 7 yr old (who loves the Girl's Doodle books and the Beautiful Doodle books even more). If you are not sure if this is the right product for you, take a look at the example pages in the "look inside" function, they give an excellent feel to how this book really is.
This book gives you a chance to become an interior designer. The book is set out a bit like a catalogue, you are the designer and here is your collection. All the pages are black and white and feature for example a set of flowers, but no vase and asks you to design the vase. There are so many things to design from patterns on pet beds to cookie jars, from tiles in the bathroom to lampshades and wallpaper. The collection is very vast and there's a page for everything you could think of that can be designed.

The book is arranged in sections, each section having a different collection: Living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, garden, finishing touches and studio. The finishing touches focuses much more on things like lampshades, chair seats, legs, it's more about that really high end fashion stuff. The studio collection is a place where you can design the cover to your interior design catalogue, design your studio you work in and even design a shop window and what the inside of your imaginary shop would look like.

Just like Nellie Ryan's other book Fabulous Fashion, this book really invites you to be very creative and only parts of the pictures are started off. This book is a good thickness with great thick and crisp white pages, and it's A4 in size. It's the same size as Fabulous Fashion and even for retail price I believe this book more than pays for itself by the amount of things to design and how long it will take to complete.

I believe this book is great not just for kids but some adults will enjoy it too, as I do. It really unleashes your creativity and for anyone who's ever fancied designing their own collection of décor it really is a great buy. I'd recommend it to anyone young and old, and if you enjoy this book check out Fabulous Fashion too.
on 29 July 2012
These books are wonderful for children, they are much thicker than I expected with fantastic designs which encourage participation and thought.
It's one of my fav pressies for the little princesses in my life who shrill with glee when they recieve one.
on 26 April 2014
I'm happy with the concept of the book - entry level book for young interior design enthusiast. Some pages have been coloured though, should not happen with 'Used - very good' item.
on 16 January 2011
This is a lovely book for anyone who enjoys doodling and drawing. The illustrations are pretty and diverse. Great fun!
on 5 March 2011
My daughter loved this - she's a great doodler but she's also interested in design so this was a perfect gift for her
on 23 May 2016
This was loved by the young girl I bought it for. She's spent hours doodling in it.
on 10 September 2014
perfect for my 9-year old
on 12 October 2010
This item popped up as a recommended book for me to buy. It seemed the ideal title for someone in the family at University studying Interior Design, so I ordered it for her birthday. When it had arrived I looked at it and was crestfallen as it would be no good for a 22 year old, being definitely just a children's colouring book. So I returned it and, without any fuss, Amazon refunded the book price and my return postage. Therefore, be warned this book is ideal for children. It should have had more information about its content and who it is aimed at.