Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 June 2014
I bought this for my Mum for Mothers day. I am very pleased with it. The cover is lovely and perfect for a younger mum (or young at heart!). The pages are very plain with only simple black and white pictures. The questions are on individual pages. I was very happy with this as I wanted there to be plenty of space for my Mum to write and personalise it. It also gave me plenty of space to write a letter to my Mum within the book.

I adapted a few of the questions to make them more suitable for my Mum and her interests. eg. there are questions about music but not books. My Mum doesn't listen to music but is an avid reader. For some of the questions I added my own questions as well that were on a similar topic. Eg. The book asks about what you were good at, at School. I added questions about favourite subjects, school friends.

There is a lot to fill in, in this book so I am glad I got this while my Mum is still young (55!) so she hopefully has many years to fill it in and add to it. I am really looking forward to reading what she has to say about her life.
on 21 January 2016
I love this book. I have terminal cancer and my son is only five. I don't thin he will remember much about me when he is older and I think this will be a lovely keepsake for him to document my lief and our short time together with stories and photographs. Great little book.
on 15 January 2016
I'd read about these books and had always thought they were a really good idea. Finally bit the bullet and bought three as Christmas presents - one for mum, one for grandma and one for mother in law. All absolutely delighted. Each page asks a question and this can help promote memories and emotions that have been forgotten. My grandma is 90 and she called to say that it had promoted her to think of people from her past that she hadn't thought about for years. I love the fact that it also shows how much you treasure their memories and stories. Great product and can't recommend highly enough.
on 3 December 2015
Theses books are excellent. Done one each for my 3 children. Hopefully they'll find them interesting, informative and amusing in parts. Enjoyed writing them - brought back lovely memories of my own childhood and when my three were growing up.
on 11 February 2013
Have bought a set of these for all my family to keep a record for the future. At my husband's grandma's funeral, it was clear that no-one knew very much about her life. I suppose people used to keep things to themselves in those days, but it was very sad.
on 24 December 2014
Thought it was similar to the journal type of books I've seen and ordered but the difference with this one is the blank pages. One question at the top of the page and the rest of the page is empty for you to write on. I prefer the other types of journals where you'll find several questiions per page and with spaces to place pictures. Wish there were pages displayed so I could have seen the outlay before ordering
on 14 February 2014
Yes the pages are barew but I drew little pics. Also not too good for single parents as it asks quite a lot about the father and fathers parents and family tree etc which is awkward I of u don't know or remember. Good if both parents highly involved,
on 21 March 2016
I love this book, brought for my Mum for Christmas. The book has blank pages with a prompting question at the top of each page such as where did you go to school, where did you meet Dad, what was your favourite toys when growing up. There are lot's of questions and plenty of room for it to be filled in. Once completed this really does leave a beautiful written memory of your Mum that can be passed down for generations to come. I have also brought one for my Nan who has loved filling it out, and has brought about lot's of reminiscing. It has also been great for me to read once completed, I have also added old photo's into the pages of the book which as really added to it.
on 24 January 2016
I love these books. I bought them for my mum and dad to fill out for me and just had them back. Tears were shed as I read things I never knew about them. There are a few pages at the back to add anything not asked in the book, which was good. Questions start off relating to things about them growing up, then their family, then marriage and then progress to about your birth and you growing up and then finally questions about the future- what they hope/wish for you!!
I loved these so much, I've bought them for my daughters, so I can do the same for them. Great keepsakes and reminders!!
on 4 April 2015
|I bought this as a gift for my mum for Mother's Day. When she first got it she told me she didn't know what she would put in it, but then when she started to answer each question, all the memories came back and there wasn't enough space on the pages! She told me once to ask her anything that I wanted to know about her and I could never think of anything, so thought this would be a good way of doing it. She is enjoying filling the journal in and won't let me look until she's finished! It is a lovely hardback book, so will last a long time and I would highly recommend it.