Published 22 months ago by Mr. P. Harvey

3.0 out of 5 stars She thought it had good ideas.
Was a present for my sister who has arthritis. She thought it had good ideas.
Published 9 months ago by Roseann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 500 of the Most Important Health Tips You'll Ever Need [Paperback], 19 Jun. 2013
Mr. P. Harvey "Phil" (Cornwall, UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 500 of the Most Important Health Tips You'll Ever Need (Paperback)
I first noticed this book in a charity shop window and I was sufficiently intrigued by its title to take a look inside. I was particularly interested in the section concerning the health giving properties of fruit juices. One of my favourites is pomegranate juice which figures on the cover of the book. I promised myself that the next time I passed the shop I would buy the book and thereby contribute to the charity. Regrettably the book had been sold the next time I visited the shop but I found it on Amazon for a discounted price, so I purchased it.

My reading of the section on fruit juices had an unexpected benefit. Just over 2 years ago I was involved in a car shunt accident which left me with an injury to my right leg+hip. I was seldom without pain in those 2 years and the book implied I might benefit from kiwi fruit (Chinese Gooseberries) which in Chinese folk law is a remedy for certain types of muscle injury. With nothing to lose I purchase 2 baskets of kiwi fruit (12 fruits) and ate them over 3 - 4 days. Within a fortnight my leg+hip injury made a startling recovery and continues to heal. I no longer experience the pain. Until eating the kiwi fruit I would swallow a cocktail of vitamins each day in the hope that they would be effective, but they were not.

This book was therefore indirectly responsible for healing an old injury that defied a cure by conventional methods. I have a lot o be thankful for.

The advice contained within this book goes further than just recommending dietary tips and it helped me to discover the secret healing properties of plants. I am currently experimenting with Papaya juice which has an entirely different benefit. I purchased my Papaya juice from Amazon because it is not available from most retail outlets.

I have no hesitation in recommending this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book with excellent advice, 15 Oct. 2013
This book is full of wonderful advice on healing yourself naturally. The breadth of health issues covered is impressive and the format very easy to read and understand. A great book to refer to when feeling unwell to see what you can do before medication is required to help heal yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 May 2013
M. Hawkins (kidderminster) - See all my reviews
lots of great tips
Have changed my diet and feel much better after following the information in this book
Good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 12 Dec. 2013
This book is packed with information about many different health conditions and how to tackle them in a natural way. The information is sound and useful. I have bought several copies of the book to give away to family and friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 13 April 2012
this is a really good book bursting with information and tips. its over 400 pages from a-z of ailments,with hints and remedy tips for each.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for everyone, 26 Jan. 2013
mark edwards (Dorchester, England) - See all my reviews
Having read an older edition, not sure this is that much different but I cannot recommend this any higher if you want to take the path to a healthy life, take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing and reduce dependence on pharmaceuticals and on GP's who typically treat symptoms rather than the actual cause of illnesses. I made that leap and there is no going back, I would go as far as saying that every household should own this book. Many common and not so typical health conditions causes are clearly explained and approached from dietary and supplement angles, with a wealth of useful information to help you to help yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 10 Sept. 2011
I heard about this book from a friend and ordered it. Of course, the minute it arrived it disappeared so I ordered another one hiding it in my room and really found it to be informative. Looks like my family did too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great conscience information, 20 Nov. 2013
Good for both the professional and novice as it's an easy read.
A source of on hand nutritional health benefits

5.0 out of 5 stars This really is a great book, 27 Jun. 2012
I sat down with this book as soon as I got it and read it like I would a novel. Great for anyone interested in their health or health of others. Clear and to the point.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab book, 4 Jun. 2014
I love this book, I really recommend if you're interested in supplements and identifying causes of health problems you have (seeing what you may need to cut out food wise) - for me it is very useful

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

500 of the Most Important Health Tips You'll Ever Need
500 of the Most Important Health Tips You'll Ever Need by Hazel Courteney (Paperback - 13 Jan. 2011)
Used & New from: £1.28